Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:noob:ALERT!

Good morning, and greetings from Provostan! I just registered last night and I'm excited to join you all here at UCC. I am a young father in his late twenties who recently took his wife out to shoot for her first time (she loved it, BTW). I grew up with a few guns in the house thanks to my dad, and I recently purchased my own: a Glenfield Model 60. Both my dad and I are considering getting our concealed carry permits soon. I work with a gun nut (I mean that in the best possible way) and he is teaching me a lot about firearms. I also recently took my dad and father-in-law to Range Masters to shoot their MP5. :swat: WOW. :love:

I'm here to learn and share what (little) I know, so thanks in advance for your patience! :D Looking forward to getting to know you all.

--Geoff

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:welcome: Pull up a keyboard and make yourself at home!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here. fell free to post as much as you want.

·
Registered
119 Posts
:sup: Welcome to the group. Post often.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
burninator said:
Both my dad and I are considering getting our concealed carry permits soon.--Geoff
What do you mean considering? What is there to consider? (please detect note of sarcasm, maybe even an entire chord)

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

ian

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome. My first firearm was a Glenfield Model 60 and I still have it. Looks like you are on the right path and good job getting your wife out.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
GET YOUR PERMIT NOW!!!! Please!!! There is no reason to not have a permit (unless $ is an issue). The world needs more card carrying good guys, even if you don't carry it still sends a message to politicians and criminals, (sidenote: these can be 1 and the same) So anyway, welcome. Post often and GET YOUR PERMIT!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
:welcome: Nice to have you here. Yes get your permit.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone and their Mother said:
GET. YOUR. PERMIT.
Point taken :D I was actually surprised when my dad told me he was considering, and that kind of brought me over to the light side, if you will. I'm not in the best financial situation right now, but as soon as I can, I plan to get both my wife and myself a permit, even though we will not carry for awhile, at least until we can afford a pair of reliable handguns. I think the education alone will be more than worth it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow, I didn't expect to see Trogdor come to UCC. With all that burninating how to you find time to shoot? :lol3: Sorry to all the people out there who have no idea about Homestarrunner who think that all of the sudden I went crazy.

Welcome from a fellow Utah County member.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome burninator,

You will fine that this is a good group of friendly people and we are glad to have you here.

Tarzan

·
Registered
304 Posts
:thumbup: :welcome: :thumbup:

:crown:

·
Registered
58 Posts
burninator said:
Good morning, and greetings from Provostan!
Wow how is it living in :ack: Provostan :ROFL: :lol3: :ROFL:
Getting the permit is a serious decision. Of course we would all advise you to get it, but look at the name of the website :lolbang:
When you and your wife are ready, then go ahead and get it. My wife has her permit and is also on this forum, so let your wife know that she is always welcome to join as well.
:welcome: to the forum.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I'm curious, what is your definition of a gun nut? I just might be one. :crown:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts