Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sitting up usually comes between 5-7 months, crawling between 7-10 months, talking between 12-18 months, and walking between 11-15 months.

Yes, it is ineed fun to watch them grow and develop. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k thank u for telling me.
So if my husband is going to be gone tell she is six mounts.
So hopefully she dose not sit tell six mounts or on :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Cassie! I have a 7 month old baby girl and she started crawling army-style about a month ago. She just started to sit well-unassisted within the last couple weeks. My son, who is now 2, on the other hand...crawled at 4 months and sat by himself at 5 months. He was walking at 10 months but has yet to talk. However, we are having him tested for Celiac disease which one of the side affects is a developmental delay in learning and behavior. We think this is why he isn't talking yet. Keep in mind, that every baby is different and they will reach each milestone on their own time-table. Whether you want them to or not!!! ( I really wish my daughter was not so mobile already! :nilly:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is really weard that he has not talked yet.
I did not think that u could crawl before u sit up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't think that they could crawl before sitting either, but I was proved very wrong!! My 2 year old does a lot of sign language, so we can at least communicate with him, and he has a speach therapist that comes over every couple of weeks to work with him, and it is helping. But I think that he has been sick for so long (Celiac Disease is a hereditary allergic reation to gluten and wheat and their by-products, that causes damage to the small intestine, eventually leading to mal-nutrition and other problems) that he has used all of his energy to just do basic things everyday, let alone try to talk. Just my theory. :dunno:

·
Registered
378 Posts
My 2 older kids had speech delays as well. My son's (now 9 y/o) delays, as it turns out, were due to high-functioning autism that was not diagnosed until he was 8 years old (we had a whole constellation of diagnoses up to that point... long story). He didn't say a single intelligible word until right after his 4th birthday. We did sign with him and it was a lifesaver! My daughter's (now 7 y/o) delay we believe was due to a trauma she sustained when she was 5 months old, and it kind of set her development back by about 6 months. She was completely caught up by the time she was 4 years old.

So yeah, every kid is different. I didn't really do anything to help my kids learn to walk, talk, sit up, etc. Other than speech and occupational therapy for my older son and speech therapy for my older daughter. Other than that, I just let them develop naturally, and the 2 younger kids haven't had any issues at all. It's a pretty natural process most of the time.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
alittlegunshy said:
I didn't think that they could crawl before sitting either, but I was proved very wrong!! My 2 year old does a lot of sign language, so we can at least communicate with him, and he has a speach therapist that comes over every couple of weeks to work with him, and it is helping. But I think that he has been sick for so long (Celiac Disease is a hereditary allergic reation to gluten and wheat and their by-products, that causes damage to the small intestine, eventually leading to mal-nutrition and other problems) that he has used all of his energy to just do basic things everyday, let alone try to talk. Just my theory. :dunno:
My girlfriend in WV has a son that is allergic to most everything and caused mal-nutrition. When he was an infant, they said that he would never be able to have proteins! After a while, she realized they were wrong and he couldn't tolerate carbs!
She makes everything he eats and has found that for him, acorn flour is one thing he can tolerate. He has autism and if he goes off his "diet" he has major set backs.

My heart goes out to you guys. It is tough enough to raise kids now, let alone kids with problems they don't really understand. I will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really hope that my kid dose not have any problums.
As far as i know she is really healthy and i hope it stays that why.

When did your kids get there first tooth and when did they finally all come in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts