Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Yes you can get a very bad addiction to shooting and guns. Take it from someone who has been doing both for close to 50 years now. You will know you are really bitten when you start to reload. So you can shoot more and work up loads. Than you start looking on the Internet for more gun porn. Making up reasons why you just have to have that new weapon. Next thing you are going to meetings at guns anonymous. :lol2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
I think this is an aspect of owning firearms that the anti's will never really understand. Shooting is FUN! I spent last weekend blasting bunnies on the desert with my AR, then my brothers and I set up on a ridge and bounced a tin can around at 400 yards with our long range rifles. It was about as much fun as a guy can have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Apollosmith see you at next months GA meeting :lol2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Hi. My name is Dave, and I'm an addict. I just started reloading. I resized, decapped and reprimed some .45 ACP tonight. I don't have enough money to feed my addiction, so no powder or bullets yet, but hopefully soon! If we are meeting somewhere, let me know, I need some help...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GeneticsDave said:
Hi. My name is Dave, and I'm an addict. I just started reloading. I resized, decapped and reprimed some .45 ACP tonight. I don't have enough money to feed my addiction, so no powder or bullets yet, but hopefully soon! If we are meeting somewhere, let me know, I need some help...
:ROFL:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
I to am a gun-a-holic. I got my first taste of gun at 8 years old and since then it has been all down hill. This year alone I have spent over $1000 on ammo. It has gotton so bad that I hide guns around the house, my car, and even on my person. Sometimes I dont even hide them and walk around in public with an openly carried gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
Hi, my name is John and I am addicted to guns and reloading.

(everyone: "Hi John")

I feel I would not be addicted if it weren't for all the school and mall shootings which prompted me to get my cfp. Since getting my cfp, I have spent over $1500 on guns and almost $1000 on ammo and reloading.

My current problem is how do I get my hands on a .22 pistol to replace my broken one and how do I get my cousin to sell me his 30-30 Marlin.

I also feel like I am getting addicted to this forum but I don't want to think that, I want to know for sure I am addicted to it.

ian (which is celtic for John, isn't it?)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
My name is Lance and I am a gunaholic.

Once I started reloading even my children noticed the psycho change that overcame me. It strained things for a while so I backed off and tried to only go shooting once per month. Since then, I have been a much happier man with a much happier family. :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
Outsider said:
Can you get addicted to guns and shooting? I went shooting on Saturday and I want to go again. I have an itchy trigger finger and a "Must... Shoot... Gun..." going through my head.
If you ask my wife I have been addicted to all things related to firearmw....including forums....for a very long time.

When I can get away I am out shooting, when I am not out shooting my computer is tuned to one or more gun sites.....If I am not near my computer....I use my phone to access gun sights........Addicted....?

Thea would be me...... :crown:

Tarzan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
I have been shooting since my Mother sat behind me, held her Remington Nylon to my shoulder & supported it so I could aim and pull the trigger.
I started reloading at 19 years old. Dang, 20 years goes by fast. :shocked:

I am now beyond addiction & beyond help. I consider that a good thing! :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
It's all my Dad's fault. :lol2:

We were on vacation in Boone, North Carolina and he pulled out a Winchester 69A (bolt action .22) that had been given to him by his Dad. I think I was around six years old. He setup some pop cans by a stream and I proceeded to knock them down from about 25 feet away. I was hooked. Later on he gave me the gun and I take it out once in a while with my boys.

Sometimes I wonder how much I have spent on guns, ammo, reloading, and accessories. It has to be in the tens of thousands. Oh well, there could be worse things to spend my money on right?!? :crown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
You know you're addicted when your newer addiction crosses paths with your older addiction. I had a special holster for my H&K attached to the inside of one of the pockets on my golf bag. (I tend to hook the ball when I'm wearing it on my hip). Another sign of addiction...I had casings fall out of the cuff of my suit pants when walking a client back to my office. That made for interesting discussion.
 
G

·
GeneticsDave said:
Oh, and I'm almost out of primers... :cry:
I often do case prep and such when I have some time to kill or am watching a movie and so on. It not only kills time but is a great time saver when you actually own powder. I bought 120 lbs of Unique for cheap a few weeks ago, want to buy a 20lbs can?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
apollosmith said:
I think this is an aspect of owning firearms that the anti's will never really understand. Shooting is FUN! I spent last weekend blasting bunnies on the desert with my AR, then my brothers and I set up on a ridge and bounced a tin can around at 400 yards with our long range rifles. It was about as much fun as a guy can have.
Gotta know... where did you go bunny blasting this time of year and did you actually get into any? I would love to go, but have never had any luck except for the winter months.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
PW said:
apollosmith said:
I think this is an aspect of owning firearms that the anti's will never really understand. Shooting is FUN! I spent last weekend blasting bunnies on the desert with my AR, then my brothers and I set up on a ridge and bounced a tin can around at 400 yards with our long range rifles. It was about as much fun as a guy can have.
Gotta know... where did you go bunny blasting this time of year and did you actually get into any? I would love to go, but have never had any luck except for the winter months.
:thijack:

Sorry guys. And to answer the original question. YES you can get addicted and probably already are. I know I am. Course I tell my wife its better than drugs, alcohol, porn, or many other vices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
PW said:
Gotta know... where did you go bunny blasting this time of year and did you actually get into any? I would love to go, but have never had any luck except for the winter months.
I do most of my rabbit hunting on the desert in Idaho - west of Rexburg. We REALLY got into them this last winter - we could shoot a hundred on a good day. With the snow gone, things have slowed down, but we shot a dozen or so in a few hours a few weeks ago.

I too would be really interested in some good spots to go in Northern Utah.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
apollosmith said:
PW said:
Gotta know... where did you go bunny blasting this time of year and did you actually get into any? I would love to go, but have never had any luck except for the winter months.
I do most of my rabbit hunting on the desert in Idaho - west of Rexburg. We REALLY got into them this last winter - we could shoot a hundred on a good day. With the snow gone, things have slowed down, but we shot a dozen or so in a few hours a few weeks ago.

I too would be really interested in some good spots to go in Northern Utah.
I do most of my bunny hunting in Park Valley area. Just never really tried much in the summer months cause I just figured there wouldn't be any to shoot.
If you need someone to fill a seat belt on a trip, let me know. I have gas money and wouldn't mind driving either if needed.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top