Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
I have a great uncle who is a retired Utah Sheriff (keep in mind that his law enforcement experience predates the politically correct era we are in now). His advice was always just make sure then person breaking into your house is across the threshold before you shoot and you are justified.

Granted I would personally take the circumstances in mind before just shooting someone breaking into my house, but his interpretation is that you are justified in firing if someone breaks and enters your home. There is a definite difference between a Sheriff and a lawyer or judge, but that was his view.

I too have spent time studying the law since obtaining my CWP and I read it like many of the others here. A person who breaks into your home using stealth, in the middle of the night, or with obvious intent to harm you have legal authority to use deadly force to stop the threat. That is just my .02 and non-legal interpretation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.