Utah Guns Forum banner

Gun on hip surprises wife's visiting teachers

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Sambolijah 
#1 ·
Well, the topic is pretty self explanatory.

I open carry every now and then. I was doing so when I came home from work today. When I walk in, my wife is in the living room with her visiting teachers, and they all look up at me. I say hi, and then walk past, as both of them have their eyeballs stuck to the glock on my hip. I keep going toward the bedroom to change, and can hear them asking about it quietly to my wife, so I wouldn't overhear. :D :D :D

Just thought I'd share. I got a little kick out of it. :D

#4 ·
Well, it must be true! You must be a LEO, as in your county, from the experiences I have seen/been involved with, they do not like to allow individuals their rights as established in the State Constitution, or the Federal Constitution. In fact my experience has been to see them illegally issuing unauthauthorized tickets to individuals who happen to have/or are carrying a weapon, whether on them or in their vehicle & with the proper permits to do so! Yes, it is illegal for any Sheriff in UTAH COUNTY to issue citations. They do not have that right, by contract. Their contract only allows them to act in behalf of the courts in order to provide them security, arrest those who have jumped bail, to transfer prisoners or deliver papers. They have never been given the right to issue citations--but that doesn't mean that the disrict attorney & his cronies will drop any illegal charges an individual protests. Outrageous!
Anyhow, I hope this was an educational moment for those ladies.
8)

#6 ·
Cinhil said:
Yes, it is illegal for any Sheriff in UTAH COUNTY to issue citations. They do not have that right, by contract. Their contract only allows them to act in behalf of the courts in order to provide them security, arrest those who have jumped bail, to transfer prisoners or deliver papers.
Do you have documentation for this? They act in the same law enforcement capacity as any other department here in Utah County and have jurisdiction over unincorporated areas.

One other thing. What stories/experiences are there for UCSO issuing citations for legal carry? I work with 4-5 UCSO deputies and would love to bring up the incidences if you have some specifics I can use to inquire with. What were the circumstances? How long ago?

#7 ·
Funny...

I am now convinced that my wife has absolutely NO IDEA whether or not I am carrying. MY OWN WIFE!!!

Last night I was putting some sweat pants on and my P89 was still in its holster attached to my pants. There was a 'clink' as it contacted something on the floor and my wife looked down and said, "Is that a gun?!?!?"

"Of course", I said. :D

#8 ·
ELB1179,

You asked if I have any documentation on the fact that Utah County Sheriffs do not have authority to issue citations. This is a matter of public record. I researched the contract the Utah County Sheriffs office has with Utah County. This is where I found it.
When my own brother had an altercation with a felon on his own property, this felon knew he carried so he insisted my brother be charged for carrying a concealed weapon--my brother has a license as do I, and his weapon was in his vehicle where he was not. The sheriff cited him & he had to go before the judge--actually some little piss-ant twit of a deputy county attorney with a chip on his shouolders & aspirations of granduer larger than any building in Utah County. When this was presented to him he just scoffed & said sheriffs could "do what they want, they aren't the criminals here." Or very similar words. He then proceded to abuse my brother & his open & shut case, finally forcing him to have to pay--because you were cited I have to fine you something was his attitude. Well after approximately 6 or 7 visits in over a year, to Utah County from Salt Lake City, to eliminate these false chargess, we decided he would pay fine of $80--for doing nothing more than defend his property from a felon who wished to rob him!
:oops:

#9 ·
Cinhil said:
ELB1179,

You asked if I have any documentation on the fact that Utah County Sheriffs do not have authority to issue citations. This is a matter of public record. I researched the contract the Utah County Sheriffs office has with Utah County. This is where I found it.
When my own brother had an altercation with a felon on his own property, this felon knew he carried so he insisted my brother be charged for carrying a concealed weapon--my brother has a license as do I, and his weapon was in his vehicle where he was not. The sheriff cited him & he had to go before the judge--actually some little piss-ant twit of a deputy county attorney with a chip on his shouolders & aspirations of granduer larger than any building in Utah County. When this was presented to him he just scoffed & said sheriffs could "do what they want, they aren't the criminals here." Or very similar words. He then proceded to abuse my brother & his open & shut case, finally forcing him to have to pay--because you were cited I have to fine you something was his attitude. Well after approximately 6 or 7 visits in over a year, to Utah County from Salt Lake City, to eliminate these false chargess, we decided he would pay fine of $80--for doing nothing more than defend his property from a felon who wished to rob him!
:oops:
Shoot, shovel, shut up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.