Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
my current fancys

handguns
----------------
PPK/S (.380)
Kimber Ultra Carry II (.45)

rifles
----------------
WASR3 (.223)
BM M4 (.223)
Rem 870 (12 ga)
Moss batam (20 ga)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I haven't decided which model I want, but since I have:
Remington 597 (.22 rifle)
Remington 700 (30-06)
XD40sc

I'd like to complete the arsenal with:
12 gauge
357 mag
semi-auto rifle (I'm undecided on which one)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
S&W 629 in a 4inch barrel would make me drool.

A Kimber Custom TLE/RLII in a 5 inch barrel (some more drool) in a .40S&W would be awesome (if they would EVER make that ), Stainless.

I wouldn't mind another S&W 4006 ( nice piece of iron)

S&W 637 ( .38 +p)

Rick River M4 / Colt M4

ETC....

...the list is LOOONG, just like everybodies

TJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I **NEED** an AR-15! (I'd like 10) :lol2:
I would love a cheap reliable elk hunting rifle (so I don't damage my inherited one.)
A bolt action .22 rifle to teach my kids how to shoot when they're old enough.
At least one more Ruger 10/22 before somebody bans them.
A couple semi auto .22LR pistols just for fun (Probably Ruger MK's).

And all the ammunition I can afford. :gun4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Sorry...,

forgot that I also "NEED" a .308 :crown:

TJ
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now we are talking, now we just need some esoteric pieces or just make the perfect whatever gun in your mind and tell us about it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
I want a Barrett .50 BMG.... partly for fun and partly to upset anti-gunners.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Probably won't end up with this one, but some point in the future I will own a .50 BMG. Most likely just a simple single shot though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
PW said:
I want a Barrett .50 BMG.... partly for fun and partly to upset anti-gunners.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Probably won't end up with this one, but some point in the future I will own a .50 BMG. Most likely just a simple single shot though.
Isn't that the idea? One shot, one kill? That's what I keep hearing on all those sniper documentaries on the History Channel and the Discovery channel. And isn't that the creed of sniper school?

ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
ian husford said:
PW said:
I want a Barrett .50 BMG.... partly for fun and partly to upset anti-gunners.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Probably won't end up with this one, but some point in the future I will own a .50 BMG. Most likely just a simple single shot though.
Isn't that the idea? One shot, one kill? That's what I keep hearing on all those sniper documentaries on the History Channel and the Discovery channel. And isn't that the creed of sniper school?
Multiple targets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Not sure these exist, but I'd like an AR-15 but with a .308 Winchester bore.

(Yes, I know the AR-10 is a .308, and can look similar to an AR-15 -- but I think it's not exactly the same ----- or is it?)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
eddified said:
Not sure these exist, but I'd like an AR-15 but with a .308 Winchester bore.

(Yes, I know the AR-10 is a .308, and can look similar to an AR-15 -- but I think it's not exactly the same ----- or is it?)
little bigger scale but same idea seems like armalite and another company DPMS make AR10s. Not my choice platform I'd love an M1A1 and a HK 91 but I wont fault you for wanting an AR10. If you want similar .308 balistics there is a 6.5 grendel and thats as close as you will come in a regular ar platform.

I find myself rethinking an AR now that I dont work on and clean them all day in a military arms room, its hard to match the accuracy with a piston.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I'd love to see Marlin make a lever gun in 500 S&W. Then I'd buy it. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
hedonistic said:
eddified said:
Not sure these exist, but I'd like an AR-15 but with a .308 Winchester bore.

(Yes, I know the AR-10 is a .308, and can look similar to an AR-15 -- but I think it's not exactly the same ----- or is it?)
little bigger scale but same idea seems like armalite and another company DPMS make AR10s. Not my choice platform I'd love an M1A1 and a HK 91 but I wont fault you for wanting an AR10. If you want similar .308 balistics there is a 6.5 grendel and thats as close as you will come in a regular ar platform.
Stag makes a 6.8 mm SPC.

Wikipedia said:
The 6.8 mm Remington SPC (or 6.8x43mm) is a new rifle cartridge that was developed with collaboration from individual members of US SOCOM. Based upon the .30 Remington cartridge, it is midway between the 5.56x45mm NATO and 7.62x39mm in bore diameter and velocity with more energy than both. It is particularly adaptable to current 5.56 mm NATO firearms, the cartridge overall length being comparable.
Basically it's 80% the stopping power of a .308 and 50% recoil in a standard AR package. The 6.8 SPC has more stopping power than the 6.5 Grendel, and won't burn out your barrel as fast.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top