Utah Guns Forum banner

How many people are camping

  • 1

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 2

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 4

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 5

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 6

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 7

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people will you be bringing on the camping trip on June 14th-15th.

Just you.. Mark: 1

You, Wife, 2 kids.. Mark: 4

You, your neighbor and 10 friends Mark: 10 and 2

If you Voted at Opencarry.org don't vote here (and vice versa)

We are having a pot luck dinner friday night, please sign up HERE

UPDATE: there has been requests to start the 13th to allow church goers a chance to come out and shoot and camp and still be back for church on sunday. If you would like to come out friday feel free, Signs will be up and people will be there.
The Potluck will still be saturday night
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We are getting closer... Remember to sign up for the pot luck :crown:

Anyone who wants to head out Friday, the 13th feel free. Enough people have contacted me asking if I can set things up for the 13th too. So anyone who wants to come out for friday-saturday and/or sunday can. I will have signs out on the 13th and will be out there already (about 1-2pm is when the signs will be up). Official activities will still be on the 14th-15th
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Am I counting this right, only 8 people showing up as of now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
40 people... 26 from this site and the rest from OCDO. Now only 8 groups from this site may be going (aka large family or friends)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Cool, that sounds better. That means bring more food to share, lol :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks Like I will be heading out about 4pm on friday, so if anyone wants to go at (or around) that time PM me and we can head out together. I will put up signs along my way as I go, so if you head out before then you are on your own with just the directions. The signs will be black and white (I am out of color ink) But Will have the UCC logo on them as well as an arrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
What does the area look like, (tree's, lakes, creek,)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Shaolin said:
What does the area look like, (tree's, lakes, creek,)?
Dirt, more dirt, a dry creek bed, some more dirt and some trees... haha
Actually I haven't been all the way up the canyon we are going to, but outside of the canyon it's all dirt and cows...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jaredbelch said:
Shaolin said:
What does the area look like, (tree's, lakes, creek,)?
Dirt, more dirt, a dry creek bed, some more dirt and some trees... haha
Actually I haven't been all the way up the canyon we are going to, but outside of the canyon it's all dirt and cows...
There is a large grassy field that we will be staying in. there is a fair amount of trees (not sure what kind, but I wanna say scrub oak and pondarosa pine) that are large enough for some shade. There is also standard western utah (desert) plants too.

And yes... dirt and cows are all you will see before the canyon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
jaredbelch said:
Shaolin said:
What does the area look like, (tree's, lakes, creek,)?
Dirt, more dirt, a dry creek bed, some more dirt and some trees... haha
Actually I haven't been all the way up the canyon we are going to, but outside of the canyon it's all dirt and cows...
There is a large grassy field that we will be staying in. there is a fair amount of trees (not sure what kind, but I wanna say scrub oak and pondarosa pine) that are large enough for some shade. There is also standard western utah (desert) plants too.

And yes... dirt and cows are all you will see before the canyon.
Which reminds me, if you are driving in at night, be very careful... The road leading up to the mountain range is an open range with watering troughs right on the side of the road... Some very large and very black cows don't move when you come barreling up on them at 30-60 mph...(not that anyone would drive that fast on a deserted desert road :D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
Don't count mine.....I will not be there......I will be preparing my Scouts for Scout Camp the following week.

Tarzan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
About 40 of us showing-up. That's great! :D

I've never been up this canyon either (have deer hunted & rockhounded the south side of these mountains though).
My topo maps show a couple of mines further up the canyon. I'll have to go comb some tailings & wander round a bit. :wink: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr. Magnum said:
About 40 of us showing-up. That's great! :D

I've never been up this canyon either (have deer hunted & rockhounded the south side of these mountains though).
My topo maps show a couple of mines further up the canyon. I'll have to go comb some tailings & wander round a bit. :wink: :D
There is a huge set of tailings just about a 1 min drive from the camping area, and if you geochace there are spots there too + ATV/Jeep trails everywhere :D . One of my fav places if you can't tell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
.....There is a huge set of trailings just about a 1 min drive from the camping area..
I give up.....What are "trailings"....????? :dunno:

Tarzan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tarzan1888 said:
xmirage2kx said:
.....There is a huge set of trailings just about a 1 min drive from the camping area..
I give up.....What are "trailings"....????? :dunno:

Tarzan
Tailings, sorry added an R
What miners leave behind after leaving a mining site.

Lots of good trails to ride, and often gold/coal/etc (whatever they were mining) if you look around
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
Tarzan1888 said:
xmirage2kx said:
.....There is a huge set of trailings just about a 1 min drive from the camping area..
I give up.....What are "trailings"....????? :dunno:

Tarzan
Tailings, sorry added an R
What miners leave behind after leaving a mining site.

Lots of good trails to ride, and often gold/coal/etc (whatever they were mining) if you look around
Ah yes tailings.....I know them well.....One of my favorite activities as a child was scouring mine dump for mineral specimens to sell to tourists.

But then Geologists are like that.

Tarzan
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top