Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody!

My father is a former police officer from Oakland, California and he raised myself and my siblings around handguns and shotguns growing up. However, through the last 10 years of college and graduate school, I have been too busy to keep up the hobby. Luckily, I recently renewed my interest in handguns when I purchased a Heckler & Koch USP .40 S&W this past month. Typically, I frequent the new Get Some shooting range in Murray about twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays.

I also recently took my the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit course from Steven Beckstead at Dick's Shoot 'N Sports and I also hope to someday compete in UDPL and IDPA competitions for fun and to develop my skills. Also, I am planning on taking the Front Sight 5-Day Armed Citizen Corps defensive handgun course this December 14, 2007, as it is offered free to all University of Utah students. Please let me know if any of you guys who are also University of Utah students would like to attend the course with me. Perhaps, we could split the cost of gas and lodging.

As for my future gun purchases, I hope to pick up a Glock 23 or 35 and a nice 1911, but I have yet to decide on a brand or specific model. I am also tempted to consider buying the Walther P99, as I like the form factor of the gun.

Thanks again for running this great website because it certainly fills a much needed void on the web.

I look forwarding to getting to know you guys.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Great avatar and username! Welcome to the forum. Some great people to be found here.....that is with the exception of bane and Tarzan.

I'm kidding!!! :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Sheepdog said:
I am planning on taking the Front Sight 5-Day Armed Citizen Corps defensive handgun course this December 14, 2007, as it is offered free to all University of Utah students.
Do you have any more information about this? I am interested, please private message me :D

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
tapehoser said:
Some great people to be found here.....that is with the exception of bane and Tarzan.
HEY, I resemble that comment!!!
Actually Tapehoser's just in a bad mood 'cuz of his"rash"(which I doubt very much is just an innocent rash)
:wink:

Sheepdog, I'm not a U student yet... won't be 'til next fall... do you know if this is a regular offering??? Also, where is it at (you live in SLC yet mentioned "lodging" so I'm guessing it's not local)???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
tapehoser said:
Great avatar and username! Welcome to the forum. Some great people to be found here.....that is with the exception of bane and Tarzan.

I'm kidding!!! :lol:
You'll get yours yet tapehoser.......

Just kidding.

Tarzan

Oh yea Sheepdog, welcome to the forum
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
bane said:
Also, where is it at (you live in SLC yet mentioned "lodging" so I'm guessing it's not local)???
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute has their P.O. Box in Aptos, CA 95001. You can check out the Armed Citizens Corps course here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Yeah, I just saw that online - looks like it's near Las Vegas - even better 'cause our CFPs are recognized by Nevada, unlike California :evil:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top