Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jeff. I've been a shooter for as long as I can remember. I don't have a permit to carry yet, but I intend to finally take the class, and file my paperwork this spring. I own a variety of guns, and I enjoy shooting them at the range when I can. I'm not a hunter, nor do I have any desire to be.

I'm most interested in self-defense, RKBA, and target shooting as a hobby.

Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Glad to have you here. Now get that paperwork going and get your permit! The world needs more good guys. Remember even if you don't carry a firearm, having a permit sends a message to politicians and criminals!

·
Registered
402 Posts
PW said:
Remember even if you don't carry a firearm, having a permit sends a message to politicians and criminals!
:agree:

Welcome and feel free to join in where you see you can contribute or just want to state your opinion.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome to the BB.

:welcome:

ian

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts

Go get that permit this week! The thing you have to know about the permit is that the BCI has up to 60 business days to get it to you, so even after the class, you end up waiting quite a while to receive it - so, submit that paperwork as early as possible. We have a number of people on here that are waiting, and believe me, it's pretty nerve-racking (checking that mailbox every day)!

Congratulations on finding us and especially for taking the initiative and realizing why carrying a sidearm is important - there are still too many self-defeatists out there who believe that someone else will always be there to protect them or that danger will never come their way. For their sake, I hope they get that lucky, but as for my family and me, we take responsibility for ourselves.

Stick around, ask questions, answer questions, read, learn and have a good time!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks GeneticsDave,

I'm trying to coordinate a private class for myself, my wife, my father and my father-in-law. As soon as we can get that scheduled, I'm gonna get that paperwork in. I know there's a huge backlog.

The idea that someone else will protect me and my family when the ****, or in a violent crime is laughable. As long as I am able, I will defend myself and those I love with maximum force.

That said, I'm mainly worried about the ****. Even after I have a CFP, I don't know how often I will carry. I feel pretty safe at the places I frequent. Even without carrying all the time, I believe in exercising my constitutional rights. All of them. I also believe that as a shooter, there are a host of benefits that come with the CFP that are very attractive. (no IBCs, CMP membership, etc.)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the site! I am one of those people who are currently waiting for their permits, and it is nerve-racking. Get your paperwork in as soon as you can. Enjoy and post often.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome Jeff, nice to have you here.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It's nice to have you with us. Also, I highly recommend turning in your paper work as soon as possible. I turned mine in more than five weeks ago and I'm still waiting. :crying:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Welcome. Go for the permit, I am one of those that is checking the mail box everyday. :lol3:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome to a forum filled with happy people......except for those few old sore heads.

Tarzan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts