Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jeff. I've been a shooter for as long as I can remember. I don't have a permit to carry yet, but I intend to finally take the class, and file my paperwork this spring. I own a variety of guns, and I enjoy shooting them at the range when I can. I'm not a hunter, nor do I have any desire to be.

I'm most interested in self-defense, RKBA, and target shooting as a hobby.

Thanks for your time.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks GeneticsDave,

I'm trying to coordinate a private class for myself, my wife, my father and my father-in-law. As soon as we can get that scheduled, I'm gonna get that paperwork in. I know there's a huge backlog.

The idea that someone else will protect me and my family when the ****, or in a violent crime is laughable. As long as I am able, I will defend myself and those I love with maximum force.

That said, I'm mainly worried about the ****. Even after I have a CFP, I don't know how often I will carry. I feel pretty safe at the places I frequent. Even without carrying all the time, I believe in exercising my constitutional rights. All of them. I also believe that as a shooter, there are a host of benefits that come with the CFP that are very attractive. (no IBCs, CMP membership, etc.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.