Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new resident to Utah and am glad to have found this forum, It is a pleasure to learn from all of you..
thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
613 Posts
Dave,

Welcome to Utah and the UCC Forum. Hope to hear from ya.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Hi, Dave. Welcome to the forum. Which part of Utah do you live in and have you lived here long enough to get your CFP?

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Welcome! If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask, we are more than happy to give you our opinions. Stick around and post often!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, I have only been in Utah a couple of months so I'm not sure if I'm considered a resident or not yet. I'm in my late 20's and I'm an artist by trade. I'm always interested in learning as much as I can and have already found so much useful info. here. Thank you all so much!

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Davey,

Residency isn't required to apply for a CFP. There aren't any questions on the application that pertain to residency (other than a request for your address) and a quick perusal of the pertinant law didn't reveal a residency requirement. Perhaps one of the CFP instructors on the board will jump in here with a bit more authoritative answer.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You don't have to be a resident of Utah to get a Utah CFP. However, there are four states (Florida, Colorado, Michigan, and New Hampshire) that only recognize the Utah permit if you are a resident of Utah.

Basically, you are a resident when you declare you are. You should go get a Utah Driver License (see http://driverlicense.utah.gov/adult_licnese.html for the info on that).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts