Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum.

Never carried a firearm and never had a firearm in the house when I was a kid. My dad and grandfather didn't like them. However my grandmothers father as signified by the display case in our living room of his medals and such, was a member of the NRA, an officer in the army (doctor) and a veteran of both world wars.

Recently, I have had the desire to own some firearms as well as have my CCW. But that is a few months off since at this time I need to purchase another car with AWD or 4WD because I will not go another winter in the car I have now. Once I do I plan to get an XD or perhaps a snub nose .38. I was planning on a snubby but recently I came across the XD and decided with the extra safety features and such that would make it a good choice.

I believe our gun rights are under attack in this state by the major media outlets and newspapers. Recently I have seen a ramp up of the stories that are unfavorable for guns. The governor has also come out against issuing CCW for non-residents. I believe the governor is going to be staging a soft attack on these rights for now while the media conditions the general public to hate guns so the uproar will be mininal. Meanwhile, retail armed robbery has amped up like I have never seen in the state. Maybe again, the media just didn't give it the full coverage in the past or perhaps they are doing it deliberately.

I am a Ron Paul convert. I have always believe what the man believes but it was great for someone like him to rise up and focus those beliefs. We'll see how much "Change" our movement can have on this country. If we fail, I believe we are doomed.

I also believe that as soon as Obama is president he and the congress will work to take away these rights. It is sad that America is so ignorant. I guess we get what we deserve. Like lambs to the slaughter.

That is why yesterday I joined the NRA. And soon, before those rights are gone I plan to get a pistol followed by an "assault rifle" with my CCW. Then I will be assured that I will be able to protect myself and future family no matter what tide carries this country.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Land of opinions and half truths! j/k I am reletively new to the forum also and its been great so far. Great introduction.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome cooper. The best way to persuade family and friends over to our side is to invite them to go shooting! An AR-15 is great for people who have little to no shooting experience. It is fun to shoot and easy to learn. The XD subcompacts are great guns. I carry a XD45 and many members own one variant of some kind.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
:welcome: Glade to have you with us.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NRA member.

Feel free to ask questions and we will try to answer them for you. My recommendation is that you purchase a gun that is comfortable to carry and I wouldn't get anything less than a 9mm. Check out the Kahr CW9 when doing your research.

After you have made your purchase, spend some serious time with the gun and get lots of range time. To keep your ammo costs down you could purchase a 22 pistol for even more range time. Practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome! Glad you could join us. It's not a foregone conclusion that Obama will win the presidency, but it's good that you are preparing for the worst. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum Copper :welcome:

Tarzan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts