Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is looking for a good gun for her to carry. I'm a big Taurus fan but I'm tired of recommending the same guns over and over. I'm thinking about telling her to try the S&W M&P compact, but I've never shot one, same thing with kahr's I don't have any experience with them. any one have any ideas for her? comments from the women would be extremely helpful.

she need a gun that,
1. she can carry (she's thinking about a purse holster so that might be easy)
2. can shoot IDPA with.
3. under $600
4. not a Glock, they don't fit her hand.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, For what it's worth, I think Kahrs in general are some of the thinnest, lightest guns out there, for 9mm and .40.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If she can handle the weight check out RIA 1911's. Mainly there Commander or compact model.

·
Registered
167 Posts
One of the small 38 specials maybe,or compact 1911's the 38 specials can be easily purse carried and would be in the price range you listed. I don't think you should ever get tired of recommending a good firearm no matter how many times you do it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got a Kahr MK9 and love it.

It's very small and easy to conceal. Since it's all stainless it's heavier than the PM9, (which is the same size but with a polymer body) but that's never been an issue for me.

Great gun.

G

·
eddified said:
Well, For what it's worth, I think Kahrs in general are some of the thinnest, lightest guns out there, for 9mm and .40.
I preach the gospel of Kahr and worship at its alter. I carry one, I have sold them to friends and family (I worked at a gun shop) and given one as a gift. They take longer to break in than other guns. That said here is my last help on helping your friend go shooting and shopping choose a gun from a reputable manufacturer with a decent trigger that suits her. Keep in mind this may be the most fun (least torturous) time you ever spend shopping with a woman.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Have you two gone to a range and tried out a bunch of options live? Grip in the store is different from grip when going bang. I've had a few students change their minds from what they *thought* they wanted after they had gone on a "test drive".

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UtahCFP said:
Have you two gone to a range and tried out a bunch of options live? Grip in the store is different from grip when going bang. I've had a few students change their minds from what they *thought* they wanted after they had gone on a "test drive".
I've helped alot of guys find new guns but helping a girl is a diffrent story. I've taken her shooting many many times and now she's ready to get a gun of her own. I'm going with her on monday to "feel" the guns she wants.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts