Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the welcoming posts to other new members, you guys and gals sure are a warm group. I'm JP from Davis County and recently bought a handgun for home and self protection. I've been reading up on this and other websites and will be taking a CFP class soon.

I'd appreciate any responses regarding upcoming CFP classes in Davis County.

Regards,

--JP--

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Welcome to our forum, JP! Thanks for introducing yourself.
Congrats on your decision to get a CFP and your purchase of a home-defense gun. You'll be glad you did. Years ago, I used to think about what I would do if I heard somebody breaking into my house. The only firearms I had at the time were a 30-30 Winchester hunting rifle and a .22 single-shot rifle. At the time, I didn't feel easy about how long it would take me to get the rifle out and load it. Now, I've got handguns and a home-defense shotgun ready. It's a much better feeling to be prepared.

Stick around and post often!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome. Once you take the class and get your permit you will ask yourself "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the "welcomes." The gun I own is a Bersa Thunder 9mm Ultra Compact. I bought it based on cost mostly and the information I read about it. Impact Guns in Ogden didn't have anything negative to say about it. I've posted a comment in the gun reviews section seeking any knowledgeable reviews/comments about this gun.

I noticed Chris from Strategic is located in Kaysville. I'm looking forward to taking a class from him and just waiting for his "free CFP" class info to be posted.

--JP--

1 - 12 of 12 Posts