Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
Here's a little more info on the Level 2 BlackHawk.
The video isn't clear on what the second retention mechanism is. Can anyone explain it? I'm still looking for a good holster for open carry, and good retention is a key consideration.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
SGT Jensen said:
The adjustable retention screw located beneath the auto lock is the second form of retention. The tighter you screw it down, the tighter the holster is on the weapon.
Hmm. Having it tight wouldn't stop anyone from drawing it (assuming they knew to hit the index finger release), so I guess the idea is just to make sure that they have to yank on your holster hard enough that you'll notice?

BTW, who has the nice camera and lens? According to the popup EXIF info it's a 30D with an f/2.8 24mm lens. Nice composition, too, and perfect choice for DOF. Someone knows how to take pictures.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the information. I just ordered a carbon fiber SERPA. $34.99 from tactical-store.com (free shipping). I've been OC'ing with a Blackhawk nylon holster with just a thumb brake, but I've been a little uncomfortable with that. I think I'll like the SERPA.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.