Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,117 Posts
Eukatae said:
I really don't know about these laws; maybe someone can give a little guidance.

As much as I am a fan of being free to carry where I like I am a bigger fan of liberty in general. Telling property owners what to do with their property is a sin. If I as the lot owner say you can park your car why can I not delineate the conditions under which a car may be parked; including the contents of the car and included in that a firearm? Why does the state have the right to tell me how to dispose of my property? The old saying "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" comes to mind.
When you park in a store's parking lot, do you feel they have the right to search your car? If they can specify that normally legal items may not be brought on their property, then there is an implied ability to verify those items are not present.

· Registered
2,117 Posts
Eukatae said:
If they state that by parking they have implied consent to search my car then yes I do.
Would you expect the statement to be posted on a sign by the entrance to their parking lot, or would you consider a line or two in the "privacy policy" on the store's Web site be sufficient?

To draw an analogy, I know I am giving permission for search if I enter the secure area of an airport. I don't feel I have given permission for search when entering a WalMart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.