Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ladies, for those of you that carry, what is your advise?

I have a great outside the waistband holster that is very comfortable with jeans, but I have to wear a bigger, untucked shirt to conceal. Not so bad in the winter because of sweaters.

But with summer here, that isn't exactly what I wear. Many outfits don't have proper belt loops either.

I do enjoy CCing, much more then I thought, and unlike what it sounds like above, I am not a slave to fashion. But I do like comfort. In order of the holster to fit snug, jeans seem to be the only way that works. I had a pair of shorts with a higher waist and it made the gun fit on a different angle then my low waist jeans. :(

I guess I am rambling here...your thoughts?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Currently when I carry, I carry in my purse. My husband bought me a real-life concealed-carry purse with a secret pocket in the middle that Velcros shut. I'm not a big fan of having my gun in my purse, though, for fear that it could be stolen, or having it within the kids' reach, although they're not overly curious and would have no idea that my pistol is even in there. Plus, I find that the Velcro is too hard to open, so it wouldn't be terribly convenient in a seconds-count situation.

I have yet to find a holster that is comfortable for me without spending $$$ to have one custom made because I have a very short rise between my hip bone and ribs, and I find carrying in the small of my back highly uncomfortable. I have been eyeballing the SmartCarry, though, and am considering that one.

·
Registered
389 Posts
"WHEN" I conceal it is typically in my purse, unless it is in the winter like Tricia mentioned were it is easier to hide in sweatshirts or coats. I find OC is usually easier and more comfortable, but then comes the issue of fashion or style which makes it even harder. I allot of the time just have to become creative. One example is a second belt, cowboy style were you were it lower on your hips.

·
Registered
304 Posts
In the Winter a holster clipped to my belt works fine. Like mentioned before in the colder months wearing sweaters, jackets, and so on make it easier to conceal. In the summer I'm at a loss. I still can't figure out what I am comfortable with. Perhaps the small of my back or just in my purse's secret compartment. I get worried about the purse getting stolen though. GRR! how frustrating!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the triple K purse and it was the only way I carried for a long time, since I really don't like the hip thing( have plenty of my own). And am finding the pants sit too low for IWB and belts have never been "me". I try but really wear a gun better than a belt. I have never had intention to remove my revolver from the purse before firing and know that if the time ever arises I am buying a new purse. I do like the Galco ankle glove and the thigh holster as well, but the thigh holster is taking sometime to get used to, especially the velcro mixture with nylons and the temple issue sexy underwear. HOWEVER.. just having purchased a New Agent this week,CHECK OUT THE PICTURES OF THE TWINS viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2822 I am not sure if I carry it in my purse there will be enough room for the slide to cycle and fire ( assuming that I carry cocked and locked), if I didn't pull the gun from the compartment 1st. And do I really want to carry cocked and locked? I have not had kids or grandkids even know where to look if they were looking, with the Triple K. However, no chances taken and when I go to their houses I use the shelf on the coat closet. etc.. I just purchased the Galco ankle glove for the 45 but I for sure will have to use the calf strap since the gun is a bit heavier than the revolver. As for summer months.lets just say if you look up Farmer tan my picture should be there. Oh well.. what else is there. I am not to comfortable with the OC thing for myself. In fact, I would prefer not too, except camping etc.

ps I am pretty sure this is all the ladies on this forums fault to begin with.. If I hadn't had such a great time with you all at the campsite in June, and coveted what you were shooting I don't think I would have ever shot anything other than my revolver and I know how I like to carry that. RRRRR :heartbeat:

PSA .. I am sure this is killing my husband that he can read but can't respond .. I like that but also like to learn from the "guys" too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i use an IWB currently with baggy shirts.... doesn't always work too well with the current sytle of low waist pants!

or i carry in my purse. i bought a gun purse online but it broke :cry: so i'll usually just put my gun in it's own compartment in my purse.

i've REALLY been considering the smart carry. I just have to justify the cost.... i'll let you all know how that goes.

i've also been thinking about a thigh holster for under my skirts, since i wear them a lot.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ty said:
I've been looking into this for my wife. I found a few reviews by women who seemed to really like the undershirt holster made by kramer.
what'cha think?
http://www.kramerleather.com/productDet ... egoryID=21
Well, It's another layer. With my "Temple issued sexy underwear, bra, the undershirt holster, and a t-shirt I might as well move to Alaska. I would probably give it a whirl in the winter though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Queen Kat said:
Well, It's another layer. With my "Temple issued sexy underwear, bra, the undershirt holster, and a t-shirt I might as well move to Alaska. I would probably give it a whirl in the winter though.
Ditto, it would be a little uncomfortable in the warmer months. I wonder if we could try it out before we buy it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use a ankle holster when I'm wearing long pants which works great for me and I have a pocket in my purse just for my gun for the days when I'm wearing a skirt or shorts.
I really don't like the hip holsters. Most of my clothes are somewhat form fitting so my gun always sticks out even though I have a really small gun.

I'll show the ladies on Thursday.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm anxious to see your ankle holster. I wear only long pants, so that may be an option, although I think my gun would be too big for my leg. LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
I usually just carry my gun in my purse when I go to work, but I do have an ankle holster that I would like to use more I'm just having a hard time getting used to it. :) I also like to carry in the waistband at the small of my back. I have found that with most of my baby doll shirts and even some of my tshirts my gun doesn't print at all. So I actually have quite a few tank tops that work really well, plus they hide my little bellie!! That's always a plus. I'm still a little freaked out to carry at work because I worry that my shirt will come up while I am sitting and when I stand up people will be able to see the outline.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maggie Mae said:
I usually just carry my gun in my purse when I go to work, but I do have an ankle holster that I would like to use more I'm just having a hard time getting used to it. :)
It took me a while to get used to the ankle holster. One thing that has helped is to pull the sock up over it. If it a stronger sock then it helps to hold it up without having the holster cutting off the circulation in your leg. Let me know if you have more questions on this.

·
Registered
304 Posts
After I saw Super Daisy's ankle holster at the BBQ I'm starting to reconsider that method of carrying.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a smart carry that I confiscated from my husband. I made an in-my-bra soft holster thing that worked for a while since I am well enough endowed to hide a gun in my cleavage :oops: but now I prefer the smart carry. Right now, my wardrobe is mostly casual so this works for me. I did try a inner thigh holster, but it seemed to want to be an "ankle holster" instead, so we parted ways. :lolbang: :lolbang: I really want to only carry concealed because I feel safer that way. I would worry about my gun being anywhere except on my body or in the gun safe. You would not believe how many times i lose my keys unless they are in my pocket. Same for my purse, but not in my pocket, just on my arm.

Does anyone know of any other concealed carry options??

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ruthmaej said:
I use a smart carry that I confiscated from my husband. I made an in-my-bra soft holster thing that worked for a while since I am well enough endowed to hide a gun in my cleavage :oops: but now I prefer the smart carry. Right now, my wardrobe is mostly casual so this works for me. I did try a inner thigh holster, but it seemed to want to be an "ankle holster" instead, so we parted ways. :lolbang: :lolbang: I really want to only carry concealed because I feel safer that way. I would worry about my gun being anywhere except on my body or in the gun safe. You would not believe how many times i lose my keys unless they are in my pocket. Same for my purse, but not in my pocket, just on my arm.

Does anyone know of any other concealed carry options??
Oh, you are funny! I like that... :lol3:

I prefer a hip/small of back holster. (I know, the guys reading this are going nuts right now because I probably said it wrong!) :lolbang: Anyway, my gun/holster fits nicely even when I am driving/sitting :driving: . The only problem is concealing it, since it is warm, I am not layering clothes.

I do like to use my fanny pack when I am playing "tourist for the day".

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:dancing: I just found a better way to CC!

Marshall, :love: my dear husband, decided to make his own inside the waistband holster. It was fun and we learned alot. Then, I borrowed it today so I can try it out. It works better because you don't have to wear a very long shirt to cover. Just something that comes down below the belt line. If you have belt that matched the holster, there will not be a color difference in the way it attaches to the belt, so it is even less noticeable.

Needless to say, Marshall was sent to buy more leather so we can make one for "Genny", the gun in my avatar.

Here is the link to Marshall's post, it has pictures viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3248

·
Registered
378 Posts
That's awesome, Tricia!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just bought a smart carry and have used it a few times. I really like it! I like that the weight of the gun is centered around my hips, not throwing off my balance.

husband (MountainManXD) borrowed it yesterday to wear under his scrubs... and UH OH! he likes it too! but he likes it better with MY gun... HOUSTON we have a problem :shock:

anyway, i give the smartcarry a thumbsup! :thumbup: :thumbup:

www.smartcarry.com

·
Registered
378 Posts
Good to know, Emma. Thanks! I'm hoping to order my own SmartCarry in the next month or so.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts