Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that DPS has hired more people to process applications. How long is it taking for them to process? 60 calendar or 60 buisness days?

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
As I recall, the last posting I saw on here said someone applied in late November and received their permit the second week of December.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
I know a couple that applied mid-December and received their permits in early January, even with the holidays. Based on that, I'd say they're processing them in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I mailed mine off Dec. 2 or so, permit arrived Jan. 3 or so, so it ran about a month for me, but that was with the holidays.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Glad to see people don't have to wait 3-9 months anymore

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife's permit came in the mail on Saturday. If it's typical, then it's about a two week wait now.

Mine was about two to three weeks in December.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I turned mine in on the 11th Jan, hopefully soon now. I'm thinking about the first week in Feb, after hearing these stories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I mailed my application the next day after I took the CWP class and I got my permit back about a month from the time when I took the class. I was surprised it came back so fast. Our instructor said it was about a 90 day turnaround, so it was nice to get it back so quick. Sounds like they're working a lot faster now. :lol:

Ironmarshmallow

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My son-in-law just got his in about 2 weeks. :D

Tarzan

·
Registered
5 Posts
It took me about a month from when I took the class (sent it in within a day or two after I took the class and my credit card was charged about a week later). When I got it they told me that they hadn't run the FBI background check and if there were any problems with that then they would notify me.

It looks like they just pushed them all through and they're playing catch up with the background checks. Fine by me--I got me permit sooner!!

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
robbyp20 said:
It looks like they just pushed them all through and they're playing catch up with the background checks. Fine by me--I got me permit sooner!!
I believe this has been the standard procedure for several years, at least.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
It's not that they haven't run the check yet, it's that they will revoke your permit if anything should show up on the daily check.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts