Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the following on JPFO. This is their response to the violations of the BATFE and how we may all be able to foil that illicit agencies attempts to indict or prosecute any of us for use of our legal weapons:

ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

July 28th 2008

JPFO ALERT:"PRISON-PROOF" YOURSELF NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

A Message from Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership

http://www.JPFo_Org

"Prison-Proof" Yourself Now, While You Still Can!
Copyright 2008 JPFO.ORG.

Do you shoot at a public range?

Can your neighbors and others _hear_ you shooting?

If so, then you _must_ read this alert and take action today!

By now you will have heard about David Olofson, who loaned his
semiautomatic AR15 rifle to an unsavory character working with the
federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, a
runaway rogue agency the very existence of which is a violation of
the Constitution.

The BATFE claimed the rifle was "an unregistered machine gun" --
after they _engineered_ it to fire fully automatically, using their
choice of specially-selected ammunition, not the owner's. Now
Olofson is sitting in a prison cell because these government
subsidized criminals were free to use their own specialized
"justice system" to "make an example" of one innocent gun owner in
order to terrorize many more.

Now they're claiming that _any_ gun that is worn or broken and
will fire more than one cartridge with a single pull of the trigger
-- even a damaged side-by-side or over-under shotgun -- constitutes
a "machinegun".

Those of you who have viewed JPFO's video presentation, _BATFE
Fails the Test_ already know the dirty tricks and outright lies
that the agency routinely uses to make a conviction. John Glover,
another innocent gun owner, was fortunate to have a brilliant
attorney who demanded the BATFE's "testing" of his client's firearm
be videotaped. The result was a thoroughly embarrassing documentary
of the BATFE's dishonesty and incompetence. After it was viewed by
a federal prosecutor, the case against Glover never went to trial;
the BATFE lost.

Olofson, on the other hand, had only a federal public defender
to rely on, not knowledgeable counsel who insisted on a visual
recording of the defendant's rifle operating _before_ the BATFE
could reengineer it. The Liberty Crew at JPFO do not want their
friends to go to prison, so they've done a little engineering of
their own, creating a plan you can follow to help prevent the BATFE
from making you its next victim.

Here is what you need to do -- at minimum -- today!

Purchase, borrow, or rent a video camera and make a recording of
the operation of each weapon you own that might be reengineered to
fire more than once with a single pull of the trigger. You probably
don't need to worry about single-shot shotguns, rifles, or pistols.
Slide-action or bolt-action rifles and shotguns are probably okay,
as well.

Start by calling out the date, time, place of the test.

Call out serial number, model, and manufacturer, and show the
weapon to camera.

Show the labels of any ammunition you use; call out the maker's
name.

Then demonstrate the weapon firing.

Demonstrate its operation at every possible setting of the
safety selector, marked or otherwise. If you only have "safe" or
"fire", show that the weapon will not go to any "unmarked
position". CETMEs, H&Ks, FN-FALs, or others may have a marked "A"
position. Demonstrate that it allows nothing more than a single
shot fired for each pull of the trigger.

Never forget that the BATFE is claiming that _any_ gun -- even
your great-granddad's ancient double-barrelled Damascus shotgun --
that will fire twice or more with a single trigger-pull is a
"machinegun".

After videotaping the test, make copies for trusted friends and
family members, give one to your attorney, mail a copy to yourself.
Do not open the envelope, but keep it in a very secure space
outside your home.

Yes, whatever ammunition you use testing your firearm for the
video camera will cost you money, but it's cheaper than having to
sell your gun collection, or remortgaging your house, to pay legal
bills, and it could stop a federal prosecutor -- or the BATFE -- in
its tracks.

If, on the other hand, this whole routine -- or the necessity
for it -- strikes you as silly or insane, there's something else
you can do.

Join JPFO today. See http://www.JPFo_Org for details.

Learn more about the BATFE by watching the JPFO video _The
Gang_, available at http://www.thegangmovie.com, a presentation
that exposes the criminality and brutality of this dangerous
runaway rogue agency.

Go to http://www.jpfo.org/alerts02/alert20080718.htm and hear
firearms expert Len Savage on JPFO's "Talkin to America", discuss
how David Olofson was framed and how this endangers every American
gun owner.

Best of all, help the Liberty Crew end this sorry state of
affairs once and for all by abolishing the BATFE, and by repealing,
nullifying or otherwise disposing of each and every gun law,
federal, state, or local, that infringes upon the right of the
people to keep and bear arms.

Permission freely granted for worldwide dissemination providing
there are no deletions or additions to the "Prison Proof" article
or removal of JPFO.ORG contact information.

The Liberty Crew
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G

·
Why would I want to call out the serial # of every weapon I own before I shoot it -- On video, no less?

Also, how would the advice in this post compare to this:

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2008/07/ou ... dment.html

????

I have an even better solution: The entire country needs to gang up on the BATFE and lobby to have it absolved. I don't know how any free soul could stomach the idea that he's paying for this League of Federal Gestapos.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

So what if your gun only shoots one round per trigger pull? Who's to say that it wasn't modified AFTER you made the video? What if it was damaged or worn since you videotaped yourself? All this proves is that AT ONE TIME the gun worked as it should, it WILL NOT exonerate you if your gun starts shooting FULL AUTO.

Honestly, I expected more thought from the JPFO, this is just sad.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Ishpeck said:
Why would I want to call out the serial # of every weapon I own before I shoot it -- On video, no less?

Also, how would the advice in this post compare to this:

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2008/07/ou ... dment.html

????

I have an even better solution: The entire country needs to gang up on the BATFE and lobby to have it absolved. I don't know how any free soul could stomach the idea that he's paying for this League of Federal Gestapos.
I don't see a conflict between the two.
Both function in your benefit ---BEFORE charges are filed to establish FOR YOUR DEFENSE that ALL your "defensive tools" function properly and legally.
We all have the protection of the 5th amendment... so use it....
Then if/when charges are filed you have documented PRE-CHARGE evidence that your weapons functioned properly before BATFE got ahold of them and BROKE them.

The first item applies as a PROTECTION against potential abuses by BATFE and/or prosecution.
The second (quoted) applied should you ever be put into a position of "ACTING IN SELF-DEFENSE" or any other incident involving law enforcement!

Please remember that IANAL.
And all postings are just my 2cents so take em for what they are worth.... YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY :grinningjester:

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
JoeSparky said:
Then if/when charges are filed you have documented PRE-CHARGE evidence that your weapons functioned properly before BATFE got ahold of them and BROKE them.
Taping yourself does not prove anything except that the guns were functioning properly during the taping. Sure, the BATFE could break your guns, but they could still claim it was you who modified the guns. Taping this does nothing to help you.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
JoeSparky said:
Taping yourself does not prove anything except that the guns were functioning properly during the taping. Sure, the BATFE could break your guns, but they could still claim it was you who modified the guns. Taping this does nothing to help you.
So you insist via your attorney that any/all testing of your weapons in the control of the BATFE be videotaped.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
I agree. I couldn't really see the point of this videotaping exercise.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
JoeSparky said:
GeneticsDave said:
JoeSparky said:
So you insist via your attorney that any/all testing of your weapons in the control of the BATFE be videotaped.
That's a good idea except if the BATFE is really out to screw you, they will just modify your gun and then go videotape it malfunctioning, thereby screwing you even further. Bottom line is we need to stand up for ourselves and not be victims - and it's smart to not give the guv'nt any reason to want to screw you.

G

·
JoeSparky said:
I'm not sure if you could do that. They'll probably say "you can't make us tape it."

The BATFE knows that you don't need video tape to prosecute; all you need is a corrupt agent's testimony.

Moreover, they can video tape the test but not video tape themselves modifying the weapon prior to the test so it won't help you much in court if they have a video tape of agents shooting a machine gun that they claim came from you.

And we all know the BATFE goes pretty much unquestioned in court. Their agents could tell a judge that he saw you fly in on the back of a giant sparrow, pull a Ma-Duce from your pants, and object-rape an entire schoolyard of children with it while shooting their skull fragments to the moon and causing land-swallowing tidal waves with the weapon's shockwave and drowning four hundred people in the process -- and the Judge'd believe it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Ishpeck said:
JoeSparky said:
I'm not sure if you could do that. They'll probably say "you can't make us tape it."

The BATFE knows that you don't need video tape to prosecute; all you need is a corrupt agent's testimony.

Moreover, they can video tape the test but not video tape themselves modifying the weapon prior to the test so it won't help you much in court if they have a video tape of agents shooting a machine gun that they claim came from you.
The folllowing is taken from the 1st post in THIS thread....

Those of you who have viewed JPFO's video presentation, _BATFE
Fails the Test_ already know the dirty tricks and outright lies
that the agency routinely uses to make a conviction. John Glover,
another innocent gun owner, was fortunate to have a brilliant
be videotaped. The result was a thoroughly embarrassing documentary
of the BATFE's dishonesty and incompetence. After it was viewed by
a federal prosecutor, the case against Glover never went to trial;
the BATFE lost.

G

·
JoeSparky said:
The folllowing is taken from the 1st post in THIS thread....

John Glover, another innocent gun owner, was fortunate to have a brilliant
be videotaped.
And now they've learned their lesson and perform the test BEFORE the suspect can talk to an attorney.

Remember the Army vet who's Oly slam-fired, the BATFE openly ADMITTED that they COULD NOT REPLICATE THE PROBLEM. And he still went to jail on nothing but an agent's entrapment testimony.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Ishpeck said:
GeneticsDave said:
And I am sure that is a mistake the BATFE will NOT make again. It's a good idea, but I doubt it would work.
If it doesn't work, how can it be a good idea?
Well, it has the potential to exonerate you, I just doubt that it would. Perhaps something they taped would poke holes in their case... :dunno:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
Ishpeck said:
GeneticsDave said:
And I am sure that is a mistake the BATFE will NOT make again. It's a good idea, but I doubt it would work.
If it doesn't work, how can it be a good idea?
Well, it has the potential to exonerate you, I just doubt that it would. Perhaps something they taped would poke holes in their case... :dunno:
And by law the prosecution is REQUIRED to provide the DEFENSE with ANY and ALL evidence they have the would "tend to exonerate!" Failure to do so can result in your getting either the charges dropped or a new trial, as well as sanctions for NOT PROVIDING the defense with the information.

G

·
JoeSparky said:
And by law the prosecution is REQUIRED to provide the DEFENSE with ANY and ALL evidence they have the would "tend to exonerate!" Failure to do so can result in your getting either the charges dropped or a new trial, as well as sanctions for NOT PROVIDING the defense with the information.
Since when has BATFE ever inconvenienced itself in order to obey the law?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ishpeck said:
JoeSparky said:
Since when has BATFE ever inconvenienced itself in order to obey the law?
I was just going to say the same thing... obviously if they are willing to contort the purpose of the machine gun laws and they are willing to intentionally rig someone's gun to fire multiple times... they don't really give a hoot for any legal requirement to provide evidence in your behalf.

G

·
Yup. The precedent has been that the BATFE will actually inconvenience itself in order to give Law the finger. They're more likely to dump tons of YOUR TAX DOLLARS into making you suffer than they are to save a little bit of time/effort and just obey a judge.

·
Registered
226 Posts
However, the police agency is under NO OBLIGATION to pass on to the prosecutor, any evidence that would tend to exonerate. If the prosecutor doesn't have the info, he's not bound to let the defense discover it. Some of you have seen the video "Don't Talk to the Police" on google video. Make sure you watch the second part, with the police officer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts