Utah Guns Forum banner

I got my CFP today w/pics!

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  bane 
#1 ·
I got my CFP today. I hand delivered it on August 22 and got it today. It took 62 days(if I counted right). There is a chance I miscounted, but either way they seem to be really improving their processing time. When I submitted they said they were running more like 120 days. Recently someone else posted they got theirs in like 81 days.

I was able to carry tonight as my wife, son, and I went up to West Valley City from Orem to meet my brother for dinner in Jordan Landing.

Anyway, below is my carry gun and I carried it in a Galco Belly Band under my strong side arm. It sits with the end of the barrel about 3 inches above my waist and the top of the slide about 6 or 7 inches below my arm pit.

It is a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) with Trittium Night Sights. I had a Glock 27 and switched it for the 23 with a guy on KSL.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sup3D said:
I hand delivered it on August 22 and got it today. It took 62 days(if I counted right)
I was under the impression that their 60 day time limit meant business days. Not accounting for any holidays and including the day you dropped it off and today (they probably mailed it yesterday), I get 49 business days - well within their policy. It works out to more like 84 calendar days.

I too am glad that the processing has sped up, hopefully all of you who are in agony waiting for your permit to arrive won't have to wait too much longer.

#3 ·
GeneticsDave said:
It works out to more like 84 calendar days.
I think you mean *64* calendar days, right???

Either way, I'm excited!

#4 ·
Nice set up. It took almost 120 calendar days for me to get mine a few months ago. Glad they are getting through them quicker. The more people carrying the better.

-PW

#6 ·
Thanks all.

I am carrying today at work for the first time. I am very nervous. It is concealed really well but I am still nervous about it. I think I need to just settle down. I do plan on carrying always. The only problem is the time I spend at church. You know, I go to one of THOSE churches. Since we aren't supposed to talk about breaking the law, I will say that I am not going to be carrying at church, but I think I will start wearing my suit every Sunday.

For the above, it is hard to say. I am really torn on that STUPID policy and the idiot lawmakers that put that provision for churches on the book.

#7 ·
It wasn't that long ago that I started carrying, so I know what you mean about being a bit nervous. I can tell you though that it won't be long before you don't even notice it is there. The first time you go to certain places like the bank, a school, it is a bit of a rush. I am in the construction business and just the other day I was in a bank with a contractor, the bank president, customers, employess, everyone, and video survellience, crawling around on the ground evaluating a particular remodeling project and I had my gun the entire time. You will get used to it really quick.

3 concealed rules you should always follow:
1. The gun always stays concealed and only you know about it.
2. The gun always stays concealed and only you know about it.
3. The gun always stays concealed and only you know about it.

If you follow these 3 rules you will be fine. In my opinion (others will disagree) don't tell anyone you carry except your immediate family. Don't tell friends, co-workers, bosses, NOONE.

I have no comment on the church carry issue, only that a violation of the law results in an "INFRACTION."

I think the best policy is don't ask, don't tell. Someday, someone, somewhere will thank you for carrying!

-PW

#8 ·
Hey welcome to the freedom of self protection. I started carrying about 4 years ago and I can remember what you're talking about. The first place I carried was a wal-mart and I couldn't help but looking at everyone I passed watching if they noticed anything. I also kept brushing it to make sure it was still secure. It passes quickly and you don't even worry about it being an issue with others because you realize that people can't see it and aren't looking for it. I recently had the same feelings again though when I open carried for the first time. That was fun. I also started carrying with a belly band but quickly switched to a nice IWB.

#9 ·
I use to carry for about 3 years pretty steady so I'm not to worried about carrying in general. The only concern of mine at work is that they have a no firearms without the consent of the CEO policy. The nice thing is that I was never given this policy nor did I have to sign any agreement to it. Worse that would happen is they tell me not to if they found out. I could probably the the CEO to okay it, but why risk him saying no and/or acknowledge I know of the the policy.

#11 ·
Mine came in the mail on Saturday. Mailed it in on July 29th IIRC. When I called to give BCI my new address, they said not to expect my permit until January, so it was quite a pleasant surprise for me.

On a side note, when my permit arrived I was in Helena qualifying with my assigned military weapon, an M9 (Beretta 92) pistol. I shot expert, hitting 29 out of 30 targets. I don't mean to brag, but.....OK yes I do mean to brag. :D

#15 ·
I have the same gun (G23) and enjoy carrying it. After Trolley Square, I decided to carry a weapon with some good firepower. Thirteen rounds of .40 S&W should do in most cases. :wink:

I usually carry mine in a Tucker Gun Leather "Answer" holster under a tucked shirt.

#16 ·
CONGRATS.... Glad you got the permit. The gun isn't ugly.... Its "SEXY"..... Its a Glock, only thing better is a Springfield 1911 A1....lol

#17 ·
Strategic Tactical said:
Its "SEXY"..... Its a Glock, only thing better is a Springfield 1911 A1....lol
phbtphbtphbtbtbt!!!! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.