Utah Guns Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
:lol:
PrimarchBentley said:
gongo said:
Yeah, I used to think it was my fault, then I shot a CZ 75 SP-01... and fell in love. A much heavier gun than any Glock, that's for sure, but I was just making a single ragged hole out of the bulls at 10+ yards. I shoot well with a Beretta 92FS too.
Different guns suit different people I guess.
Lots of people like light-weight polymer guns.
Maybe I'm not gripping tightly or something but I tend to prefer larger, heavier, metal guns.
+1

A Glock just isn't a "fit" for me. But a CZ-75 is heaven in my hand (especially when I picked up my first gen). And I feel better with my daily CC being all-steel (Polish P-64), putting up with her disadvantages for reliability and the security of mind she gives me...
I really like my CZ-SP01, it does feel very comfortable... but I am confused, what disadvantage does the CZ-75 give you? Other than being heavy I can't imagine any...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Don't worry about the assimilation concerns, Riker was able to rescue Picard and after the implants are removed they heal very well with modern medicine. Putting down the cool-aid is generaly considered the first step.

Congrats on your arms, as long as your happy with them is all that matters.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My Trigger Guard said:
Don't worry about the assimilation concerns, Riker was able to rescue Picard and after the implants are removed they heal very well with modern medicine. Putting down the cool-aid is generaly considered the first step.
But I like the cool-aid...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hawk87 said:
My Trigger Guard said:
"Liking" the cool-aid may be a function of desire or addiction!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
JoeSparky said:
Hawk87 said:
My Trigger Guard said:
"Liking" the cool-aid may be a function of desire or addiction!
*standing up* My name is Dexter, and I am addicted to Glocks (and associated cool-aid), AND I LIKE IT. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hawk87 said:
"standing up* My name is Dexter, and I am addicted to Glocks (and associated cool-aid), AND I LIKE IT. :mrgreen:
But are you willing to do whatever it takes to control this addiction and be in control of your life instead of letting the Glock's and Kool-aid control you? If you are not, you are doomed to failure! Without indicating that you want to change you're just "bragging"!

·
Registered
591 Posts
And because you can't handle your addiction, I suggest that the best thing for you is to let me hold onto your Glocks until such a time as you have regained control over your dark side koolaid problem. (To be determined by me of course!)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Jesse 8 said:
And because you can't handle your addiction, I suggest that the best thing for you is to let me hold onto your Glocks until such a time as you have regained control over your dark side koolaid problem. (To be determined by me of course!)
My precious, you cannot has it!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hahaha!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
So is Hawk87 calling Jesse 8 "My Precious"? That is funny there!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
JoeSparky said:
He was joking about taking my Glock...

In all seriousness though, I am enjoying this gun, but I want to reach a thousand rounds before I start seriously recommending it to others.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Soooo...found did you shoot it this weekend? It ain't gonna get that round count by itself

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hawk87 said:
JoeSparky said:
He was joking about taking my Glock...

In all seriousness though, I am enjoying this gun, but I want to reach a thousand rounds before I start seriously recommending it to others.
yep I knew but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to not take the intended conclusion when the humor attempt was available!

·
Registered
482 Posts
jktseug said:
:lol:
PrimarchBentley said:
gongo said:
Yeah, I used to think it was my fault, then I shot a CZ 75 SP-01... and fell in love. A much heavier gun than any Glock, that's for sure, but I was just making a single ragged hole out of the bulls at 10+ yards. I shoot well with a Beretta 92FS too.
Different guns suit different people I guess.
Lots of people like light-weight polymer guns.
Maybe I'm not gripping tightly or something but I tend to prefer larger, heavier, metal guns.
+1

A Glock just isn't a "fit" for me. But a CZ-75 is heaven in my hand (especially when I picked up my first gen). And I feel better with my daily CC being all-steel (Polish P-64), putting up with her disadvantages for reliability and the security of mind she gives me...
I really like my CZ-SP01, it does feel very comfortable... but I am confused, what disadvantage does the CZ-75 give you? Other than being heavy I can't imagine any...
Disadvantages are w/ my daily CC, the P-64 mentioned. Those are mostly in terms of low round count in magazine, stopping power of 9x18mm Makarov (vs. 9x19mm), etc.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Oh ok. That makes a little more sense. I am still getting comfortable with it but am using my sp01 as my edc.

·
Registered
591 Posts
jktseug said:
Oh ok. That makes a little more sense. I am still getting comfortable with it but am using my sp01 as my edc.
I have one of those. Great little shooters. It was replaced by a G30 for edc purposes, but I occasionally carry it as a bug.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Jesse 8 said:
Soooo...found did you shoot it this weekend? It ain't gonna get that round count by itself
Well I just went shooting today. I am up to 700 rounds. I don't think I will hit 1000 until Mark's class in August.

I detail striped my frame, and found all sorts of junk in where the extractor sits, I think that I am going to clean that area out every 500-1000 rounds or so. Its just so easy to do, there is no reason not to.

I did find another type of ammo that my gun doesn't like today. The Remington green box ammo. My gun let me know that it doesn't like that ammo by sending so empty brass back in my face. It happened about once a mag, but it is still annoying. I had one that would have gone strait down my throat if my mouth had been open, that was fun.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hawk87 said:
Jesse 8 said:
Well I just went shooting today. I am up to 700 rounds. I don't think I will hit 1000 until Mark's class in August.

I detail striped my frame, and found all sorts of junk in where the extractor sits, I think that I am going to clean that area out every 500-1000 rounds or so. Its just so easy to do, there is no reason not to.

I did find another type of ammo that my gun doesn't like today. The Remington green box ammo. My gun let me know that it doesn't like that ammo by sending so empty brass back in my face. It happened about once a mag, but it is still annoying. I had one that would have gone strait down my throat if my mouth had been open, that was fun.
Yeah, don't shoot with your warface on, you might chip a tooth! :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Warface lol I like it

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.