Utah Guns Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thought I would post an update. I passed the 1000 round mark. The trigger has smoothed out nicely, and is not bad at all. I ended up ordering a new OEM extractor from midway. This has cleared up the ejection problems I was having (at least it has so far). I am pretty satisfied with how it is running. I might continue posting updates if anything significant happens, but I am very satisfied with this gun and doubt anything worth reporting will crop up.

On a side note, I ended up painting the front site a bright orange (around the tritium dot). This really helped with picking up the front site at speed, I really noticed the difference (for me at least) at Marks advanced defensive pistol class. I kind of wish I had gone with some different sights to start with, but these seem to be working just fine with my modifications.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Snurd said:
I was given a sweet little sight a while back for the G34 that resembles what you did. I like it a lot. I had Crusader install it.

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewt ... &hilit=G34

(Sent from iSnurd)
That's kind of what I was going for. I think when I buy my next gun, whichever ends up being my carry gun will get a set of those sites.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glocks are great. I like my G23 3rd gen a lot, and I shot a 250 out of 250 qualification in an Strategic Tactical Group class recently using that gun. I feel like my Glock and M&P are interchangeable. I shoot well with both, but I like some of the features on my M&P a little better. For me the Glock is a "work gun" that I'll carry whenever working an armed security gig. It is so common in that role that it doesn't raise an eyebrow with anyone.

Glad you like your new gun!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well, its been about a year since I got this gun, so I thought I would post an update.

I am over 2000 rounds now (not sure how far over), and my gun has run almost flawlessly. I did have a couple light strikes at a class a couple weeks ago. I was using some cheap ammo though, so I can't really tell if it was the gun or the rounds. The light strikes were in the middle of drills, and so the malfunction was cleared. I was only able to recover one round due to the snow. In retrospect, I should have had some one else shoot it and see if it would fire through their gun. Oh well. I cleaned out the striker channel really well and took it to the range today. I ran 150 rounds of American Eagle through it, and it ran flawlessly. I might replace the striker spring, I haven't decided yet.

Ever since I changed out the extractor for the newer OEM part, I have not had any brass in the face. I don't really watch it to see where it goes or how strong the ejection is, but it clears my gun and doesn't attack me, so I am happy. If it happens again, a new extractor is a quick and easy fix.

I have been very pleased with this gun, and think that I am going to be Glock guy for the foreseeable future, I think my next gun will be a Gen 4 Glock 17.

I will add that the only downside so far is that I am starting to try appendix carry. This is my third day of carrying this way, and it still unnerves me a little doing it with a Glock. I kind of wish I had a hammer to ride or something, but not enough to get me to change guns again.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
:thumbsup: I still enjoy the G19 as well. I'll be taking it to the range tomorrow. Going to go shooting with some friends. :dancing:

(Sent from iSnurd)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you do the 25c trigger job on it? If not, I highly recommend it. Takes 20-25 minutes tops and you can find HD videos on YouTube showing you how. Makes a world of difference, pull is smooth as butter and break predictable & crisp.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I prefer the 2000 round trigger job. I am not really a fan of dyi gun smithing. I will swap out parts with other oem parts (or one of very, very few after market), but that is really the extent of what I am willing to do myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hawk87 said:
I prefer the 2000 round trigger job. I am not really a fan of dyi gun smithing. I will swap out parts with other oem parts (or one of very, very few after market), but that is really the extent of what I am willing to do myself.
To each his own, I suppose... To me, part of the fun of owning a Glock is its simplicity. Fact is: anyone with a bit of mechanical aptitude can easily take it apart and put it back together with nothing but a simple punch (aka Glock Armorer Tool).

I'm with you on "mods", tho: except for OEM extended slide release and Trijicon night sights, I keep my Glocks stock in terms of parts. Now, I do sometimes use a Lonewolf 40S&W barrel when plinking/practicing with G20 simply because 10mm ammo can be expensive and hard to find. I wouldn't use any 3rd party parts in a carry gun, tho.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts