Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a great day!

It is our 12 Anniversary!

We won the KVNU Anniversary Club Drawing. Only took 12 tries!

We are recovering from a family vacation to Yellowstone last month and decided to just go out to dinner to celebrate. At work, my wife calls to say she is bringing lunch and will be there in 30 minutes. She had Subway sandwiches that we ate in the small orchard by my workplace parking lot. She asked what we were doing after work and I said "just going out to eat". She then asked when I was going to shoot my new XD. I said maybe tomorrow. She then states that we are going to the range when I get home so she can try my new Ruger 22/45 and I can shoot my XD! We ended up spending an hour and a half at the range. She must have shot some 200 rounds out of that Ruger and another 100 out of her revolver. The Range Officer complimented her on her fine shooting skills. She then starts rummaging through my range bag. I ask her what she was doing. "Looking for your 357mag" was her response. She was bummed that I had not brought it. (First time she has ever shown any interest in shooting it!). I offered my XD45s but she declined. When we ran out of ammo, she was startled to see how long we had been shooting! We then went out to eat, came home and put the kids to bed.

The best part of this is my Wife went ballistic about a year and a half ago when I bought my 1911. This was after I had applied for my CC Permit (she refused to take the class with me) and bought my first XD. But over the last few months, she is the one who is asking "When can we go shooting" and making baby sitter arrangements to accommodate!

I love my wife!

·
Registered
437 Posts
MasLakas said:
Today was a great day!

It is our 12 Anniversary!

We won the KVNU Anniversary Club Drawing. Only took 12 tries!

We are recovering from a family vacation to Yellowstone last month and decided to just go out to dinner to celebrate. At work, my wife calls to say she is bringing lunch and will be there in 30 minutes. She had Subway sandwiches that we ate in the small orchard by my workplace parking lot. She asked what we were doing after work and I said "just going out to eat". She then asked when I was going to shoot my new XD. I said maybe tomorrow. She then states that we are going to the range when I get home so she can try my new Ruger 22/45 and I can shoot my XD! We ended up spending an hour and a half at the range. She must have shot some 200 rounds out of that Ruger and another 100 out of her revolver. The Range Officer complimented her on her fine shooting skills. She then starts rummaging through my range bag. I ask her what she was doing. "Looking for your 357mag" was her response. She was bummed that I had not brought it. (First time she has ever shown any interest in shooting it!). I offered my XD45s but she declined. When we ran out of ammo, she was startled to see how long we had been shooting! We then went out to eat, came home and put the kids to bed.

The best part of this is my Wife went ballistic about a year and a half ago when I bought my 1911. This was after I had applied for my CC Permit (she refused to take the class with me) and bought my first XD. But over the last few months, she is the one who is asking "When can we go shooting" and making baby sitter arrangements to accommodate!

I love my wife!
:crying: :crying: you had me at "we are going to the range" :crying: :crying:

Congrats - don't lose that one :crown:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
:ROFL: :lolbang: :ROFL: You had me rolling with your take on "You had me at Hello" when you said;
:crying: :crying: you had me at "we are going to the range" :crying: :crying: ---Thanks for the Laugh Pedman!

As for Maslakas, Congratulations on a very happy 12 years together! What a wonderful outing you had together I hope you both have many many more!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Congrats on your 12th anniversary. You only have 28 more to go to catch up with us. May you have many, many more together.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Congratulations! My wife and I celebrate our 10th anniversary in a few weeks. She also has gone through a bit of a transformation and will taking the CFP class in the near future and keeps asking about when we're going to go shooting together.

By the way, I salute you for referring to her as "MY wife" rather than "THE wife". It's probably just a picky quirk of mine, but it kinda gets under my skin when men refer to their spouse as "the wife".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts