Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been carrying my firearm with a serpa holster. However, I have recently purchased I light attachment from a friend and would love to use it. I can't locate a holster for my firearm with this light attachment. Now to the point, anyone know a person in Utah county that does custom holsters? IWB, OWB, need one of each.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
The only one I can think of is http://www.concealmentsolutions.com/ down in Orem. I didn't like the one that I had from them, but others have liked them a lot. I know if you bring your rig down there, he will custom make the holster for you. Just call before and set up a time.

ETA: It's been a couple years since I bought one, it's possible the leather has improved since my experience.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have an IWB from stealthgear and love it. They are a local company from alpine I believe, though I picked mine up from Dave @ compact guns in Lehi. He sells them a little cheaper, $10-$15 off if memory serves me, then from the retailers website.

In the spirit of disclosure, it is my first and only holster, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just got a holster from Stealth gear and I love it. If you call them they will give you a quote and will do custom. The kydex portion of the holster appears to be vaccume molded.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
meuxse said:
I have been carrying my firearm with a serpa holster. However, I have recently purchased I light attachment from a friend and would love to use it. I can't locate a holster for my firearm with this light attachment. Now to the point, anyone know a person in Utah county that does custom holsters? IWB, OWB, need one of each.
I love my holster from Concealment solutions. If you bring your gun down to his shop in Orem, he will custom make a mold. He did that for my gun.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do you need it to fit the rail, or the light ON the rail? it is very difficult to find and use mounted lights while carrying. Most holster manufacturers will have you specify with or without rail. Most holsters that take mounted lights are going to be universal fit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally broke down and learned how to do the kydex molding myself. It was relatively inexpensive and I am able to do multiple firearm/attachment combos. I would love to post pics but apparently mine aren't the right size or format or invalid? Or something. Any advise for a slow learner who is absolutely computer illiterate? The simpler the better.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
meuxse said:
I finally broke down and learned how to do the kydex molding myself. It was relatively inexpensive and I am able to do multiple firearm/attachment combos. I would love to post pics but apparently mine aren't the right size or format or invalid? Or something. Any advise for a slow learner who is absolutely computer illiterate? The simpler the better.
It's easiest to just upload the photos to photobucket or a similar site, and then just copy and paste the image code to UCC. Or if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can use Tapatalk. That's even easier.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I have three holsters from Jason at Concealmentsolutions.com. and I'm very pleased with all of them. Jason is very accommodating, as long as you make an appointment, he'll build your holster while you wait. Quality is good, and he's a great guy. I have two iwb holsters and one owb, and all are good quality. I also have a leather and kydex belt from him that I like a lot. He does good work, at reasonable prices. If you want a stiff holster that will hold it's shape, get a cow hide for iwb, if you want it softer and to conform to your body, and yet be more or less impervious to sweat, get a horse hide holster.

I also have a crossbreed super tuck iwb that I got in trade from Snurd with a Ruger LCR. I have no complaints with the comfort or quality, it's a great holster. But they aren't local, and won't build to fit while you wait.

Mel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts