Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
I was looking into this before my shoulder injury. It looks like a great time and good practice. I have been in contact with a few people but I can't do it yet with my shoulder still being messed up, I can only shoot 1 handed right now, and i'm still on lortabs. I have been in contact with this group http://www.udpl.net/ and am waiting to get healed up some before I go give it a try. I get emails every week about event's and updates on match scores. They shoot at range masters fun shoots and at a place called the range. Heres the info on the place http://www.udpl.net/FARM/farm.html

One of the zones at the range
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Ty said:
I was looking into this before my shoulder injury. It looks like a great time and good practice. I have been in contact with a few people but I can't do it yet with my shoulder still being messed up, I can only shoot 1 handed right now, and i'm still on lortabs. I have been in contact with this group http://www.udpl.net/ and am waiting to get healed up some before I go give it a try. I get emails every week about event's and updates on match scores. They shoot at range masters fun shoots and at a place called the range. Heres the info on the place http://www.udpl.net/FARM/farm.html

One of the zones at the range
UDPL has alot of shoots that are worth going to, including there "fun shoots" twice a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
I have never been to an IDPA shoot but I would be glad to join you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
FBMG Smithy said:
MarshallDodge said:
I have never been to an IDPA shoot but I would be glad to join you!
Sounds good. Lets get some of us together and see if we can get over there for a shoot.
I'm at almost every shoot. the night shoot is the 26th
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
scott.pete06 said:
FBMG Smithy said:
MarshallDodge said:
I have never been to an IDPA shoot but I would be glad to join you!
Sounds good. Lets get some of us together and see if we can get over there for a shoot.
I'm at almost every shoot. the night shoot is the 26th
I will be out of town that weekend. :(

When is the next shoot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scott.pete06 said:
FBMG Smithy said:
MarshallDodge said:
I have never been to an IDPA shoot but I would be glad to join you!
Sounds good. Lets get some of us together and see if we can get over there for a shoot.
I'm at almost every shoot. the night shoot is the 26th
How do we get started?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
FBMG Smithy said:
How do we get started?
I recomend going to a "fun shoot" and taking the new shooter class, Go to udpl.net for a schedule. when I started Red Redford was really helpful with info, he runs the fun shoots, his email is [email protected], pritty much just show up with a gun, ammo and 3 mags and people will help you out.
 
G

·
I want in on this too! I stopped by the July event hoping to see you Joe had my shotty and everything. I guess that bite the bullet and spend the gas money to see you at the store, it used to be worth a trip to Cabellas wile near the point but not lately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hedonistic said:
I want in on this too! I stopped by the July event hoping to see you Joe had my shotty and everything. I guess that bite the bullet and spend the gas money to see you at the store, it used to be worth a trip to Cabellas wile near the point but not lately.
Yeah, sorry I couldn't make the event. Wanted to though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
While doing some research I found the Northern Utah Defense Pistol Association listed on the idpa.com website. I called Dan and he said the club had dissolved but would be interested in someone taking it over from him.

When things were running they would get together and shoot at the Wahsatch range in Kaysville. Would anybody be interested in getting this up and running again? Dan said that he would come to the first couple matches and coach us but is done with setting up. If we can get enough interest then I will go to Wahsatch to see if they would let us hold the event at their range on the second Saturday of the month. Maybe we could do some 3-gun stuff at some of the events too. 8)
 
G

·
Just did the budget: background check, fingerprints, license application fees and, test fees :ack: I am not going to shoot this Saturday :cry: Tuition coming up soon too......... I need that .22 conversion if I am ever going to shoot again.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top