Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused... so what's the deal with Tarzan... was that a joke or what??? I never saw any threads where he got abusive or where anyone asked him to leave or anything but all of a sudden he posts this weird "I'm outta here" thread and a few people reply he was leaving by choice, even though he was asked to leave, and then suddenly the thread is locked... what gives???

While we're on the topic of disappearing members... what happened to our resident LEO's we had hanging around here??? I mean, I know TMG and I sorta had it out once so maybe that fueled him to leave, I don't know (that's the main reason I DID leave for a while, though, to give him space so he wouldn't)... but what about Hunter and the others???

Are we doing something wrong?
Do our discussions get too side-tracked from the central theme of the site??? I'm as much to blame as anybody else -- but is this an approach working against us??? I'd hate to look back in time a year from now and see that we self-destructed b/c we offended each other too much. The threads lately seem a little aggressive... not that I personally mind it too much... but still... are we devolving the site into something maybe we shouldn't be???

So, what happened to Tarzan???

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
bane said:
The threads lately seem a little aggressive... not that I personally mind it too much... but still... are we devolving the site into something maybe we shouldn't be???
Yeah, I've been wondering about that, too. I'm often responsible for taking them off into a tangent and arguing some obscure point into the ground, and I've been thinking I should quit it. You and me together are some of the biggest culprits, bane ;)

I've also noticed some others getting mildly aggressive -- I saw one poster tell another one to "learn to read" and I was disappointed. One of the greatest things about this forum is how nice everyone is. That's a real rarity. Let's all keep it that way. I'll try to do a better job of it myself.

As for Tarzan... dunno. I hope he didn't get mad at me over that 9mm thread. I probably should have dropped it sooner, but I really thought it ended amicably.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
swillden said:
One of the greatest things about this forum is how nice everyone is. That's a real rarity. Let's all keep it that way. I'll try to do a better job of it myself.
:agree:
That's what I love most about this website. I've also been a culprit of being somewhat aggressive. I hope I haven't offended anyone. And I definitely hope no one has left because they were offended.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I missed this due to some long days at work :dunno:

People, myself included, tend to say things on here that they wouldn't normally say in public. It's hard to tell sometimes where people are coming from without hearing their tone or reading the look on their face.

If Tarzan left then I will miss him, even if he is an old sore head. :lol2:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swillden said:
You and me together are some of the biggest culprits, bane ;)
I know, it's true. :disgusted:
I can really go on about something until it isn't even interesting anymore... :beathorse:
I hate online forums sometimes... :ack:

One of the greatest things about this forum is how nice everyone is. That's a real rarity. Let's all keep it that way.
:agree:

Yeah, I'm going to really try and scale down my activity for a while and just try and be more chit-chatty and less analytical... it's lame when you aren't the one involved in the heated part of the discussion and then you see two going at in a way you know each would out-right ban the other from the forum if they had the power to... :bicker:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks like "Tarzan" posted yesterday. Seems that there is a particular member with a name starting with the letter "J" that's been a little caustic.\

gf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts