Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm a recent convert from opencarry.org with the help of THX. I'm a College student looking to make his way in the world, and I've recently taken to arming myself for protection.

I hope we can have some great conversations and I hope there aren't any trolls here to start persistent flame wars.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Welcome to THIS board....
Enjoy... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
:welcome: Dave! Glad to see you over here!

Make yourself at home! We are a little more family-minded over here, so no profanity or lewd topics... AND, we absolutely don't put up with the likes of what you have seen. Stick around and post often. Let us know if we can help with anything!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome Dave!

Glad to see you over here. It was getting ridiculous over there.
I'm glad to see you still carrying, not that I would expect you to quit. Glad to see you still posting as well.

Which college do you go to? What are you planning on majoring in?
I think I might have asked you those questions at the barbecue, but I can't really remember.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you over here. Now get to posting :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JoeSparky said:
Welcome to THIS board....
Enjoy... :thumbsup:
Yeah, thanks sparky!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GeneticsDave said:

Make yourself at home! We are a little more family-minded over here, so no profanity or lewd topics... AND, we absolutely don't put up with the likes of what you have seen. Stick around and post often. Let us know if we can help with anything!
That sounds great. Is this board moderated pretty well daily?

Edit: I typed in S H T F with no spaces and it expanded it to say the phrase with [ ] around it. I didn't think it would. I hope that isn't why you told me this board is more family-minded (which is fine with me), I didn't mean to use profanity. I was actually just trying to use the acronym.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cadet Higham said:
Welcome Dave!

Glad to see you over here. It was getting ridiculous over there.
I'm glad to see you still carrying, not that I would expect you to quit. Glad to see you still posting as well.
Thanks man!

Which college do you go to?
University of Utah

What are you planning on majoring in?
Computer Science

I think I might have asked you those questions at the barbecue, but I can't really remember.
I don't remember. I don't think we got to talk too much, you seemed busy with your lady friend.
My responses are in bold in the above quoted text.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx997303 said:
Welcome man, don't worry, OCDO will get better, but only with a few Zombie Cow Post whoring threads to discourage those who like flame wars.

Did you read the last several pages of my Lehi PD thread? Talk about hijacked. It's hilarious.

Anybody interested?
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/14190-3.html
My Terrible OC Experience thread got hijacked too, which is a real shame. The officer was professional when disarming me, but some of the things he said to me coupled with writing down my serial number is what really made me mad.

Now that thread is totally useless.

·
Registered
542 Posts
GeneticsDave said:

+1
This place is great.
thanks for joining us dave!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Every forum goes through phases but our board is moderated very well and we have a lot of thoughtful posters.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome. You will find a wealth of information on the Utah concealed carry laws and people's experiences.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is the easiest way to see replies to your threads?

Also, what are the white threads with scrolling text vs red threads?

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
xRapidDavex said:
What is the easiest way to see replies to your threads?
The best way to stay current with the forum is to go the index page and then select "View new posts".

xRapidDavex said:
Also, what are the white threads with scrolling text vs red threads?
White threads are ones that you have read, red have posts you haven't yet read. If the text inside the white is scrolling, it means that the thread is active and receives posts frequently.

If you have more questions, please ask.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, I see it now (the new posts link). Seems like that could use a big button or symbol by the FAQ (either right by it or on that level in the window).

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Welcome to our forum, Dave! We're glad to have you join us.

We've got a lot of people here who are members of both forums. I recall joining OCDO shortly after it was founded, back before it was on the current software.
It was kind of weird, you didn't have real user identities back then. You just entered your name every time you posted. It was later changed to real forum software, but it was a while before I joined again under the new software, so my "Joined Date" is later than when I was really involved the first time.

Thanks for introducing yourself.
Do you have a CFP or do you only open carry?

Post often...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jeff Johnson said:
Welcome to our forum, Dave! We're glad to have you join us.

We've got a lot of people here who are members of both forums. I recall joining OCDO shortly after it was founded, back before it was on the current software.
It was kind of weird, you didn't have real user identities back then. You just entered your name every time you posted. It was later changed to real forum software, but it was a while before I joined again under the new software, so my "Joined Date" is later than when I was really involved the first time.

Thanks for introducing yourself.
Do you have a CFP or do you only open carry?

Post often...
Thanks for the welcome. I sent away for my CFP on June 2nd, so I'm just waiting to get it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts