Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 5 years ago, I went through the trouble of getting my paperwork all ready to go for a CFP. I remember at the time reading the statutes and realizing that there is a possibility I could be denied a CFP. I hadn't given this a thought until I picked up a copy of Mitch Vilo's Utah Gun Law book, and re-read the statutes on obtaining a CFP.

About 10 years ago, I was cited for open container. Stupid thing to do, I know, but I was young and stupid, what can I say? Otherwise my record is clean as a whistle.

At the time I did the paperwork, I called the BCI and asked them how likely it was that I would be denied a permit. The investigator I talked to didn't think it would be a problem.

But now five years have passed, and times may have changed.

I wish I'd actually had the time to take the class and get my papers filed then. :(

Anybody think that I'm not going to get the permit? :dunno:

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, the circumstances of the open container was that a group of guys and I were going to USU for a football game. (Yeah, drunken Utes, I know) and we were pulled over. We actually had a designated driver who was NOT drinking, and he was NOT cited. So we may have been breaking the law, but definitely not the spirit of the law. We were trying to be safe and sane. I should probably put that into my admission of guilt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.