Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies,

I have found a place that I think will work well for us.
Here is the link to there site. http://www.wahsatchshooters.com/Main.aspx
It is in Kaysville and they will supply a Range Safety Officer.
They are willing to let us shoot there for free the first time. If we like it and want to book it regularly, it would be $5 each. :thumbup:

I tried to find someplace that would have facilities for us as well as a covered area to shoot from. I also like outdoors as it is not as loud or smelly. It will give us a chance to talk when we are not shooting.

For August, we need to pick a Fri 9-dusk, Sat 9-5 or Sun 11-4. I can make pretty much any weekend in August work for me except for Fri Aug 8.

I realize that we won't be able to accommodate everyone but I want to try to make it as successful as possible. Maybe we could get something to eat afterwards? :thumbsup:

I would like your feedback. Tricia

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like a great time. I've yet to shoot outdoors and want to get some practice at it. Going out afterwards sounds like fun. Just tell me when. :nilly:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P.S. I asked for a handgun range. Considering the nature of the website where we meet, I thought it appropriate. :ROFL:

·
Registered
378 Posts
My available dates would be Saturday the 2nd or Saturday the 9th after 1 p.m., or after 5 p.m. on Friday the 8th or Friday the 15th. Going to get something to eat after sounds like fun!

Thanks for putting this together, Tricia.

·
Registered
304 Posts
do they have hand guns for rent? I currently don't have one of my own.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm planning on bringing my Kahr 9mm, and will see if I can bring my husband's Dan Wesson .45, too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
TriciaDodge said:
Queen Kat said:
do they have hand guns for rent? I currently don't have one of my own.
No worries on needing a gun to shoot...I have extras! :crown:
Why am I not surprised! LOL! :ROFL:

I knew I could count on you to bring an armory! That ROCKS!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think a Friday night would be fun but I'm up for whatever. I'm also up for going to get something to eat afterwards. I haven't been shooting that many times and the times I have been I have always had my husband there to help me so I'm nervous. I'm sure I'll be fine. I've been told that I'm a good shot but it's a little different going with different people. This will be good for me.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have always went shooting with my husband and when I got my own gun, I realized that I needed to go alone and do it on my own. So, I went to Impact (here in Ogden) on Ladies night and shot by myself. It was kinda like growing up a little. :thumbup:

I think we will have fun!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I went shooting Sunday morning for the first time in 4 years. I had so much fun and Jon(Hedonistic) gave me some great pointers. I shot about 112 rounds and I think only a couple didn't hit the target. I also got 2 bullseyes! I'm really excited to go shooting just with the ladies and see if I can apply what I was taught on my own.
:lol2:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm really looking forward to it, too. I don't get to shoot my handgun very often, so I can always use the practice.

Are we open to the idea of opening this up to other ladies who are not on the board? I have a couple of friends who would probably like to come along.

·
Registered
304 Posts
utahmomof4 said:
I'm really looking forward to it, too. I don't get to shoot my handgun very often, so I can always use the practice.

Are we open to the idea of opening this up to other ladies who are not on the board? I have a couple of friends who would probably like to come along.
I say the more ladies the merrier!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Great!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
utahmomof4 said:

ABSOLUTELY! We want to educate women. That is our goal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm feeling really excited about this. Do you all realize that we are starting a movement to empower women? We're sending the message to criminals that Enough is Enough and just because we are women that doesn't mean that we are incapable of defending ourselves! Am I the only one feeling this great?

GIRL (Fire) POWER! WOO HOO!
:crown:

·
Registered
378 Posts
It is a great feeling. :shades:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can come on any Saturday! Going to eat afterwards sounds fabulous!! :eating: I'm super excited! I have only gone a couple times with my husband, so this will definitely be good for me! Also, I'm glad to have an adult conversation with other ladies!!! ( I am usually at home with two under 2, or talking to people about credit cards at work) Looking forward to meeting a lot of you!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
the last weekend in Aug. would be best for me!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts