·
Registered
2,600 Posts
V - E - R - Y K - E - W - L

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
doconix said:
Great story. I still need to buy and read Mitch's book so I am more informed here.

How would this have played out in Utah? Are Utah laws the same (meaning the State laws override the local laws)? If I open carried to the Orem library and had the same treatment, could I make the same arguments?
Yes, Utah State Law *DOES* have state-wide pre-emption... that being said, you'd be smart to investigate and familiarize yourself with the laws and carry the condensed version of them that fits on a single sheet and has been published here by one of the member's of the board... do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
doconix said:
Are Utah laws the same (meaning the State laws override the local laws)? If I open carried to the Orem library and had the same treatment, could I make the same arguments?
Yes, you could. Utah has what is known as the Uniform Law. This means that no city or county can make laws that trump State law. If it's legal by State law, you can do it anywhere in the Great State of Utah.

Oh, but do buy Mitch's book, it's a wise investment (if you read it of course).
Of course, don't forget that Federal Land WITHIN the State is NOT considered State Land and therefore does NOT fall under the state pre-emption law (the uniform law).

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I didn't think it sounded like Washington... it just has that "tone" to it that sounds more modern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.