Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lurking in the shadows for a while, I've decided it is time for me to introduce myself. I live in Cache Valley where I have lived most of my life. I am married to a beautiful wife who likes guns almost as much as I do. We both recently went through the concealed weapons class and will be sending in our applications soon. I have been around guns my entire life. My dad was in law enforcement while I was growing up and made sure I understood that guns were a tool and were to be respected, not feared. I am getting my CFP mostly because I want the freedom to carry when and where I want (within the law). I usually take a gun with me when I travel out of the valley, but it is always unloaded and stored in the backseat or trunk (not ideal when needed quickly). I decided I had procrastinated for too long and finally took the class. My wife feels the same as I do on concealed weapons, therefore making my life easier. I have been reading this forum for a while and have been quite impressed with the information that is shared. It is also nice to see a forum where everyone respects each other's opinions instead of trying to tear them down. Keep it up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome, I have greatly appreciated the help I get here and there is a lot of respect on this forum, makes it fun.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from another new Cache Valley member.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Welcome aboard. That's great that you and your wife both share the same thoughts about firearms. I hope you find this forum to be as helpful as I do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome... Go Cache Valley!!! :dancing:
Always good to know there are more of us up here in Gods country!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Strategic Tactical said:
Welcome to the group. Were you in the class I did up that way last week or so? Be safe and Glad you are getting your permit.
I was in the class you did in Richmond a week or so ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it very informative. Thanks for doing a good job on it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Welcome.

Yes, keeping a gun close by when you are travelling is in itself a good enough reason to get a CFP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts