Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Mark23 HK.. think the gun is worth it? It's almost $2000...

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
From a popular online article:
In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

Then there is the Mk23. Which is huge, accurate, reliable, (which it **** well better be, since it is the size and weight of a Mini-14) costs as much as a used car, huge, and is universally despised by the SF that it is issued to. Talk to anyone that is in an SF unit. The Mk23s they’ve been issued sit unused in arms room. Did I mention that it is HUGE? But that’s okay, because the HK fan boys will explain that it is an OFFENSIVE handgun. (scratches head) whatever the **** that is supposed to mean.

They are reliable, but so is a $125 Makarov. Only the Mak has a better trigger.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh. So, I guess that's a no...

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
It's just one opinion. I thought I would give you the link so you could read it. Larry's a smart guy and knows a lot about a lot of guns. He freely admits that what works for him doesn't work for everyone (and I agree, ergo for him just about only fits Sasquatch). Ultimately it's up to you, but I would say that you can get a much better gun for a lot less money - no, scratch that - a couple better guns for that price.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Its a good gun, but for the $$$$ I KNOW you can find countless better guns (heck maybe even 3 or 4 better guns)

Get a high quality 1911 for a good OC show piece ($1200)
A Glock for a good take anywhere gun ($500)
A Keltec for good CC gun ($200)
and you still have $100 to spend on holsters or ammo or a Hi-point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts