Votes: 14 35.0%
  • IWB

Votes: 26 65.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't been around much lately but I had some time and I wanted to post a quick poll. I have been carrying concealed lately with an OWB holster and I really like it. So I thought I'd try this poll because my eyes were getting tired of reading all of the posts under the "What and how do you carry" post. So how many of you primarily carry CONCEALED with a OWB? I have a pretty comfortable holster for IWB but lately I have been preferring this OWB holster of mine and I want to get a nicer one. This one is a Ross (i think) I got form Sportsmans for like $30 or so. Anyway, remember this is for Concealed carry.
Thanks, Nate

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I don't mean to exclude other fine means of carry, I'm just curious to find out if there are many others that carry CONCEALED with an OWB holster.

·
Registered
80 Posts
To be honest I never even thought about concealed carry owb. I always associate that with open carry. It just seems it would be harder to conceal unless your wearing a coat.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
caldweller said:
To be honest I never even thought about concealed carry owb. I always associate that with open carry. It just seems it would be harder to conceal unless your wearing a coat.
or shirt untucked....

·
Registered
613 Posts
I only have the one holster, so OWB.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have tried IWB but just did not like the way it felt. So I carry OWB or pocket carry. Just wear a untucked shirt or tee, mainly in dark colors. So far no one has noticed, or I do a good job of not printing.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have a Blackhawk SERPA (OWB) holster and a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB) holster. I almost always wear my shirts untucked, so the SERPA works great. The Supertuck is good for occasions where I'm wearing a dress shirt.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like IWB. I feel like I have more control, retention, concealablitly of the gun when its tucked in my pants. But I also have a craptastic holster and think that's the main problem.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Ty said:
But I also have a craptastic holster and think that's the main problem.
:ROFL:

Yes... yes... get a better holster! Check out the Crossbreed SuperTuck or the CompTAC C.T.A.C., you might like those.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I do a lot of OCing but when I go to UVU campus I am generally concealing in my Serpa. When I go to work or "other places" I use my uncle mikes IWB holster. It probably isn't as comfortable as the others mentioned but it fits my budget. Some day I'll get a good IWB holster.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have both IWB and OWB for my USP Compact. The IWB definitly holds the gun tighter to my body and thus prints much less. The OWB is more comfortable and I use it when I can wear something heavier (sweatshirt, etc.) over it, but I am always concerned that it will show when I reach up, or for my wallet. The IWB is much better that way. Hardly noticeable at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts