Utah Guns Forum banner

Just joining the coolest crowd in utah

4K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  PetersenRD 
#1 ·
checking in

#11 ·
Welcome to our forum! We're glad you joined us.
Thanks for introducing :lol: yourself. (well, that was a tad facetious. 8) )

Tell us a bit more. Like what the heck is SPFK?
Do you have a Utah concealed firearm permit (CFP) or a carry permit from any another state?
What do you like to carry? etc. etc. etc.

#13 ·
To all the above questions from others: WHO CARES! The man said it all with his subject line! No seriously now... do tell us a bit more about yourself. Most important, post often and have fun.

#16 ·
tapehoser said:
Thanks all

Jeff Johnson said:
Welcome to our forum! We're glad you joined us.
Thanks for introducing Laughing yourself. (well, that was a tad facetious.)
Yes, well it seemed a mere formality; I wasn't expecting such an enthusiastic response. Glad to be here!

I found the site after searching for it. I hadn't heard of it specifically, but I knew Utah had to have a forum like this one.

Jeff Johnson said:
Tell us a bit more. Like what the heck is SPFK?
I'm guessing its S.W. of SPRNGVL & MPLTN, and N.E. of PYSN... :WINK:
Winner!

A new resident of Spanish Fork.

Dustin WJ said:
Welcome
We're glad to have you. What types of firearms do you have (or want)?
I have a [drumroll pls....] Ruger Mark ii.

My dad gave it to me when I was 16. All the rest of my shooting fun has been from his collection or from rentals. I'm currently stashing away some cash for a new toy, and the following are on my shortlist:

HK45
HK USP .40
HK Expert .40 or .45
Kimber Eclipse Custom II
Taurus PT1911
SIG 226 Equinox

My younger brother managed to buy a new Kimber before I did. I'm very disapointed in myself; I'm going to have to catch up and quickly.

tapehoser said:
Got your CFP?
What do you carry?
How long have you carried?
Not yet, but I probably will. I rarely feel the need to carry except when in the boonies. Utah's lack of restriction on open carry meets almost all needs I've ever had, but having the permit would smooth out the edges. Plus, when I travel my handgun will go with me.

By further way of introduction, I'm pursuing a grad degree at the UofU, my wife and I take the kids camping whenever we can, and we two go backpacking when we can. School's gotten in the way of hunting season for a long time, but my schedule's a little more flexible now, so that's going to change. It's good to be here; I'll try to check in and post often.

#17 ·
PW said:
To all the above questions from others: WHO CARES! The man said it all with his subject line! No seriously now... do tell us a bit more about yourself. Most important, post often and have fun.
Paul's right! You win the all-time best Introductory Thread title!!

You do know about the restriction on carrying a loaded weapon in Utah. If you don't have a CFP (that's Concealed Firearm Permit), then to carry a gun openly in Utah, it must be unloaded. Read that definition of loaded and you'll see that while quirky, it doesn't shut you down entirely. The gun must be two or more actions away from firing . So, for a semi-automatic, if there is no round chambered (even with a fully-charged magazine seated in the well), it is legally unloaded. The definition for loaded revolvers is also in the above link.

This is a cool emoticon:

May I use it in the list of forum emoticons?

#18 ·
Jeff Johnson said:
Paul's right! You win the all-time best Introductory Thread title!!
Just callin it like I see it. :shades:

Jeff Johnson said:
You do know about the restriction on carrying a loaded weapon in Utah. If you don't have a CFP (that's Concealed Firearm Permit), then to carry a gun openly in Utah, it must be unloaded. Read that definition of loaded and you'll see that while quirky, it doesn't shut you down entirely. The gun must be two or more actions away from firing . So, for a semi-automatic, if there is no round chambered (even with a fully-charged magazine seated in the well), it is legally unloaded. The definition for loaded revolvers is also in the above link.
I love the "Utah-loaded" criteria. I love utah. (but don't let my former compatriots in Texas hear that).

Jeff Johnson said:
This is a cool emoticon:

May I use it in the list of forum emoticons?
It comes in handy :)

I have no reservations, but it's not my original work. It was in my folder of collected emoticons, of which i have no recollection of their origins. (I'm sure it could be easily/subtly modified if that is a concern to you. Otherwise, let all enjoy!)

#19 ·
Nice avatar! I was glad to see the Taurus PT1911 on your shortlist. I was really drawn to the 1911 style for a long time, and I finally bought the Taurus in Feb and I love it. It feels really good and shoots smooth.

Thanks for joining

#20 ·
Crackshot said:
Nice avatar! I was glad to see the Taurus PT1911 on your shortlist. I was really drawn to the 1911 style for a long time, and I finally bought the Taurus in Feb and I love it. It feels really good and shoots smooth.
I'm glad to hear that your Taurus is working out for you. I've only heard good things about it. 1911s are among my favorites, if not tops, as hopefully the avatar represents, so I will own one eventually. But for now, I have access to several already, so I'm leaning toward branching out. If I do go with a 1911 for my upcoming purchase, it will probably be the Taurus, since i've already got the cash for that!

#24 ·
Welcome from southern Utah. :shades:

Used to be from "Spanish Fark" up on the bench by the mouth of the canyon, but hated having to always go to Springville everytime the wind picked up to retrieve my kids! :wink: Actually, it's a great town & we really enjoyed it, but military life kept us on the move...get your CFP, you'll find that you will use it more than you expect.

#25 ·
Desertrat said:
Welcome from southern Utah. :shades:

Used to be from "Spanish Fark" up on the bench by the mouth of the canyon, but hated having to always go to Springville everytime the wind picked up to retrieve my kids!
We are also right at the mouth of the canyon. Yes, the wind is incredible. We never visited the place in the early morning, so the constance of it was a little surprising. I don't mind terribly, except that day after day somebody's trash has blown into my yard again.

:crying: <--- my eyes every morning as I dash to my car.

Desertrat said:
Actually, it's a great town & we really enjoyed it, but military life kept us on the move...
My wife and I are pleased with the area. We lived in Provo previously, and always liked the feel of Springville and SF.

Desertrat said:
get your CFP, you'll find that you will use it more than you expect.
I expect that is right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.