Utah Guns Forum banner

Which option do you like best for a ladies only forum? (Only Ladies can vote please)

  • Truly Ladies Only. Men can not even so much as see the posts or respones!

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't mind if the men see what we are posting as long as they don't post!

    Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I don't mind if the men see what we are posting and I don't care if they post in our forum!

    Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ian husford said:
I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian
No. Why would anyone have any reason to cater to the needs of a bunch of crazy gun-clinging men? It's more women we need around here. :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
PW said:
ian husford said:
I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian
No. Why would anyone have any reason to cater to the needs of a bunch of crazy gun-clinging men? It's more women we need around here. :wink:
+1 :agree:
We have enough dudes here... we need to offer the ladies a little incentive to post more :lol2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
We have enough dudes here... we need to offer the ladies a little incentive to post more :lol2:
My wife's incentive to post is to pass up my post total. :nilly: I guess we will see who becomes a marksman first. current count is 41.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Like Dave said we got a lot of guys posting left and right but we could use ...how do I put this ..."a delicate touch of a lady's hand". Anyway let them have some fun without guys messing with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
I agree -- us guys have the ENTIRE forum, in a way. Personally I don't want to sit online a b&m about "guy only" problems! :p

My wife thought the women's only forum might be a good idea but she's still thinking about the options before she casts a vote. I think she's leaning towards a totally closed system, though.

I also have to say that she's expressed that she might not use a women's only forum -- that she's not really the "forum" type... I wonder if most females don't feel similar -- perhaps rather than a forum, an email-list thing might work better for them???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
MountainManXD said:
My wife's incentive to post is to pass up my post total. :nilly: I guess we will see who becomes a marksman first. current count is 41.
Totally not true... I just have more to say!

Women's forum!!!! YES! I need girl talk!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
bane said:
I also have to say that she's expressed that she might not use a women's only forum -- that she's not really the "forum" type... I wonder if most females don't feel similar -- perhaps rather than a forum, an email-list thing might work better for them???
Bane,

Tell her to check it out...I know she doesn't want to be on the computer too much, but it doesn't hurt for her to read what we are talking about.

TriciaDodge

P.S. Tell her I said hello! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Is this a bit sexist?? WOW, at my age I usually have to pay for this special treatment. Thanks guys for acknowledging that we can learn from you but have needs and desires that you will never understand.. like velcro on holsters and nylons don't mix very well. :nilly:

PS I love my husband and he didn't pay me to say that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
thanks Jeff for setting up the ladies only. And Bane tell your wife hello as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
NOTE: Menfolk are not welcome to post there.
In that case, is there any way I can hide this subforum from my view? I don't browse the forums by subforum, but rather I just click the "View new posts" link at the top of the main page and it shows me everything new since my last visit. I'd prefer not to see topics that I'm not welcome to post in. :raisedbrow:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Udink said:
Jeff Johnson said:
NOTE: Menfolk are not welcome to post there.
In that case, is there any way I can hide this subforum from my view? I don't browse the forums by subforum, but rather I just click the "View new posts" link at the top of the main page and it shows me everything new since my last visit. I'd prefer not to see topics that I'm not welcome to post in. :raisedbrow:
Not unless we hide the forum from all male members (requiring the females to be part of a special member group that gives them access alone). You can read right below the topic title and it will say which subforum the topic is in, so if you see Ladies Only, you can just ignore it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,616 Posts
After nearly a year and a half of experience with the Ladies Only forum, the moderators have agreed to modify the rule a bit. We will allow men to respond to issues that concern women, but let's not get carried away. I've changed the forum to display the following forum-specific rule at the top of each thread:
NOTICE: This forum is mainly for the women. However, men are allowed to respond to the topics of concern to the women, but don't take over this forum. Posts by men may be removed at the discretion of the UCC moderators.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top