Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
350 Posts
ascendmfg said:
I go to LV several times a yr. on business, I know that we have reciprocity with NV, But, I was told that Las Vegas and N. Las Vegas have some no carry laws, anybody know???

If true, I've already been a bad boy many times. :oops: :nilly:

Thanks for your help in this matter.
DO NOT CROSS INTO NORTH LAS VEGAS unless you want so jailtime.

I was in Vegas weekend before last and Concealed Carried at the Hotel but Open Carried in Vegas.

TJ

· Registered
350 Posts
nxiv said:
UTOC-45-44 said:
ascendmfg said:
I go to LV several times a yr. on business, I know that we have reciprocity with NV, But, I was told that Las Vegas and N. Las Vegas have some no carry laws, anybody know???
DO NOT CROSS INTO NORTH LAS VEGAS unless you want so jailtime.

I was in Vegas weekend before last and Concealed Carried at the Hotel but Open Carried in Vegas.
SB92 took care of that. The only local or county code that is still in effect is the Clark County handgun registration. The open and vehicle carry codes in Boulder City and NLV were null and void as of Jan 1, 2008 by our stronger state preemption law. Prior to that NLVPD would allow vehicle carry if you had a NV CFP. Ironically, the NLV mayor is the most progun of all elected officers in NLV. He's happy SB92 passed because the city council wouldn't repeal the existing codes.
Wow, That would me it TONS easier to travel around then.

Would PLEASE show and high-light where it talks about the "stronger preemption law" ?

I would like to have this accessible as may be going to Vegas possibly within the month again.

It would be great to really study up on it and understand it incase confronted by a LEO.

TJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.