Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On packing.org a poster said:
Doctor's kitchen knives call
<snip>
This thread is very relevant to CCW! In Utah a person with a ccw has the right to carry any weapon, this includes knives of any length including swords if we want. So of course I see the relevance. If knives are to be banned, so is a method of self defense that is very viable.
Now as our permit is called a Concealed "Firearms" permit, is this true? It's been a while since my class. Does this state the law accurately?

I know that with a permit we can open carry "Loaded", verses no permit must carry “unloaded”, so is there more to it for weapons choices?

Thanks
Randy

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff Johnson said:
...Open carry of a "technically" loaded firearm on city streets and in cars is illegal without a CFP.
Right, This is the point I knew for sure. From BCI's page on Utah carry law:
"It is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm on any public street without a permit."

"Loaded" meaning that you can fire the weapon with only one action (I know this is simplified). Utah is really strange on this part since most other states figure "loaded" is having rounds in the magazine, in the weapon. Here, if you have a semiautomatic and don't have one in the tube, it is "Unloaded". I actually like our law. On a revolver this is kinda strange though... The cylinder under the trigger and next up must be empty... Like the one in my SP-101 couldn't fire the one under the tigger at all... so it leaves me only three rounds! (well, I DO have my permit, so...)

Thanks Jeff for pointing out the above statutes. I've read them before, but didn't get all the right meanings. More reading needed for me... :D
Randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.