Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think a store open to the general public (note: Costco, Sam’s club, and others that have memberships would not apply) should not be able to limit who comes in. They are acting as if they are public property, and should only be allowed the rules of public property during business hours.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
blackpuma said:
xmirage2kx said:
... note: Costco, Sam’s club, and others that have memberships would not apply ...
That depends on the details of the contract, and whether they truly enforce the "members only" arrangement. If they don't, then they lose the claim that it's a strictly "by contract and consent only" arrangement.

Even then, it's still not wrong to carry. You simply risk them terminating the contract (losing the membership) if you're caught. You have to decide which is more important to you.
Totally agree. But by claiming a membership then they would be stating "either you follow our rules, or we won’t let you in". By allowing a store like Wal-Mart to ask you to leave because you obey the law they don’t like is absurd. Many states are much worse than Utah... so I can complain too much. I think if they allow just anyone in, then what you have on you hip shouldn’t matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.