Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been visiting a few gun shops. I'm looking to buy a new gun for conceal carry. I have my eye set on an HK P30 9mm Compact and my second choice is a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm Compact.

My almost 4 year old daughter Lara has been accompanying me to the gun shops. Yesterday, we went to Doug's Shoot'n Sports. They have a range in the basement. So, as we were browsing she heard the shots from the basement and hid behind my legs. She said "mommy I'm scared." I said, "You don't have to be scared." Then she pointed to the guns in the case and said, "Those are scary bang-bangs." I couldn't help but chuckle then I told her, "The guns are not what are scary, it's the kind of people behind them you have to worry about." "Mommy uses a gun and it can be a lot of fun but you have to be safe and I will teach you how."

Her fear started to melt away. She went over to the gun case, smiled at me and said, "I want a little gun! I want all the guns!" Just at that moment the clerk was coming over to help us. She asks him, "Do you have a little gun for me?" He chuckled and then pointed to a little cricket rifle behind the counter and asked, "like that?" She gave him a look of frustration and said, "That's not a little gun! That's really long!"

I must admit we haven't had a gun in the house for quite sometime now and I was really glad for the opportunity to begin teaching her about gun safety.

When I relayed this story to my hubby he laughed harder than I ever heard him laugh before. He looked me straight in the eyes and said,

"Like Mother, Like Daughter!"

Just a little FYI...Guns are my thing at our house not his!

·
Registered
389 Posts
That is cute! Are you bringing your daughter to the meet? My daughter is 5, she would have a blast with your daughter. We have a picture of our daughter on the photo scrapbook under chit chat. (with her cricket she got when she was one!)She now wants the pink one and says to give her one year old brother the black one. Were thinking for Christmas or birthday.

·
Registered
378 Posts
How cute! For the most part, my kids roll their eyes at me when I talk about shooting, but you get them out in the desert with the .22 rifles and they can't wait to get behind the trigger. They're coming along... :crown:

I took Elizabeth (my 7-y/o) with me down to Vernal last month for the Josie .22 shoot and she wished she was old enough to shoot, too (you have to be 11 and have Hunter Safety). I'm excited for her to get old enough to shoot with me in things like that and go with me to WITO (Women in the Outdoors) events and such. But the happiest day of my life will be when they are big enough to join me on the trap field. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I will be bringing her and dear hubby tomorrow to the meet.

Here's a picture of both of them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
that is a way cute picture! Do you just have one kid?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
packingmama said:
that is a way cute picture! Do you just have one kid?
Well, I have 3 teenage foster sons. But Lara is the only one I gave birth to. :lolbang:

We are planning to get pregnant this fall. My pregnancies are tough so if this is a boy we are done.

:crown:

·
Registered
389 Posts
that's awesome, good luck with your pregnancy. I hope its a boy! Kind of a personal question but do you plan on having a typical hospital birth because I am into natural and home births. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Just curious.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
packingmama said:
that's awesome, good luck with your pregnancy. I hope its a boy! Kind of a personal question but do you plan on having a typical hospital birth because I am into natural and home births. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Just curious.
I have to have a cervical cerclage with all my pregnancies because I have a weak cervix so I don't want to take any chances at home. I'll be going to the hospital...Jordan Valley that is. I have an excellent OB! Dr. Jarrett-He saved my daughter's life. She was my second pregnancy. I lost the first one. It was a boy so I know we can make one! [fingers crossed!]

·
Registered
378 Posts
packingmama said:
Hey! My 4 kids were born all-natural and at home. :crown: :crown: :crown:

Queen - I hope you get your boy!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Queen Kat said:
packingmama said:
I have to have a cervical cerclage with all my pregnancies because I have a weak cervix so I don't want to take any chances at home. I'll be going to the hospital...Jordan Valley that is. I have an excellent OB! Dr. Jarrett-He saved my daughter's life. She was my second pregnancy. I lost the first one. It was a boy so I know we can make one! [fingers crossed!]
I hope everything goes well and you get your boy! Sounds like you have a good doc.

·
Registered
389 Posts
utahmomof4 said:
packingmama said:
Hey! My 4 kids were born all-natural and at home. :crown: :crown: :crown:

Queen - I hope you get your boy!
Both of mine were natural and at home as well!! :crown: :crown:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Queen Kat said:
packingmama said:
Queen Kat,
Where is Jordan Valley hospital? Also, do you go to your OB appointments at the hospital? I'm just doing the research for when I have kids.

Thanks!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jordan Valley Hospital is on the northeast corner of 9000 South and Bangerter Highway. My OB is Dr. Jarrett. He works out of South Valley Women's Center. It's attached to Jordan Valley Hospital.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Your story is so cute i am so sorry about your deliverys being so hard.
It is so sad that u lost your kid i am sorry.
That must be so hard and so hard on u that u can not have a normal pregnecy. :cry:

I have had a good pregnecy all exept i was sick the hole time.
But she was healthy and the birth went good.
exept she got stressed and i had to stop bushing for a half hour but other then that it was good.
She was six pounds four onces and she was three weeks early. she is know three mounts.
I am so happy that she is healthy i was so wored about that sence i she is my only kid.

I am planing on geting pregnent in november with my secound.
That is when i get to texas with my husband for is traning.
I hope that i get a boy too because i have a girl.
I only want two kids so i hope i get one of each.
If i do not get a boy me and my husband will try for a boy again.
But if we do not get a boy then we are done. We will not have more then three kids.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cassie,

That's the same for us. IF this next one is a boy we are done but if it's a girl we will probably try one more time. If by the 3rd time it's still a girl then my hubby is Out of Luck cuz I'll DEFINATELY be DONE!
:ROFL:

:mod: Please do not try to bypass the word filters. Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
My girl Amira is a very good shot, and she loves guns, so she has a birthday coming up september, and I am so excited because I have a pink chipmunk .22 waiting for her. She is already getting too big for her britches and thinks that now that she can shoot, she should be able to carry concealed too.
Speaking about babies, I am really hungry for another one. It has been a long time ( 9 years ) I gave birth to my son via caesarean, and then Amira was born with a midwife, and that was the way to go. When I do it again, that will be what I want to do. I gave birth to a third one, also a girl who didnt make it, and I havent been able to have another since.
I am really hoping that it comes. Amira tells me she wants a sister, but that she wants her to be 6 years old, so she can play with her

·
Registered
378 Posts
I love it that your daughter thinks she ought to be able concealed carry. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG wait for her until her 21st birthday. :lolbang:

I hope you get your baby! I'm sorry about your little girl who didn't make it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Queen Kat said:
Cassie,

That's the same for us. IF this next one is a boy we are done but if it's a girl we will probably try one more time. If by the 3rd time it's still a girl then my hubby is Out of Luck cuz I'll DEFINATELY be DONE!
:ROFL:

:mod: Please do not try to bypass the word filters. Thanks!
What was that all about? I don't remember using profanities in my post?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hmmm.... probably the acronym you used in place of "Out of Luck." :dunno:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My daughter is so cute she keeps smileing all the time and laughing.
See laughed for the first time the other day it was so cute.
I am looking forward to her walking and crawling.
I dont know what i will do when she grows up i just want her to stay little forever and never move out.
:D :wink: :) :dancing: :taz:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts