Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a store that has the Kimber Grand Raptor II? I've made a decision to get one, but I prefer to see and inspect the gun myself before buying.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got my Raptor at sportsmans, but it isnt the Grand Raptor.I have seen a few more around. I do love the gun! One note here, the blueing is wearing a bit because I carry it in a serpa. I would go for the warrior or the desert warrior if that was a concern. The raptor series are some of the best looking guns ever made. It makes me happy every time I look at it! :crown:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I love the appearance. How well does your Raptor shoot? I've seen people shoot grand raptor II less than 1 inch groups at 15 yards.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Aedrick said:
Ya, I love the appearance. How well does your Raptor shoot? I've seen people shoot grand raptor II less than 1 inch groups at 15 yards.
The limitations the gun has are all me. I'm sure it could group like that. I cant. It is very accurate, that much I do know because I make tighter groups with it than I do with some of my other stuff.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Aedrick said:
Does anyone know a store that has the Kimber Grand Raptor II? I've made a decision to get one, but I prefer to see and inspect the gun myself before buying.
Not sure about other places, but with a small deposit, Doug's ShootNSports will order one in for you. (Provided one is not in stock)

When it comes in, see and inspect it to your hearts content, If it passes muster, buy it. If for some wierd reason it does meet your satisfaction they will get another one until you are happy.

The Raptors are cool looking guns, good luck!~

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to Gallenson's to order it.. I was all ready to pay it right there and order. The sales guy calls Kimber and they are out and now they are saying 4-8 weeks before they'll have it. So unless I find it in some store or order from online sellers, I have to wait, potentially 2 months!!! :crying:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Aedrick said:
I went to Gallenson's to order it.. I was all ready to pay it right there and order. The sales guy calls Kimber and they are out and now they are saying 4-8 weeks before they'll have it. So unless I find it in some store or order from online sellers, I have to wait, potentially 2 months!!! :crying:
Keep looking, but I gotta tell you thats not very long to wait for a gun you want. I waited something like 3 months for my POF upper, and about that long for my DSA SA58 para congo. Sometimes it takes a while to get what you want. Dont worry though, a kimber is worth the wait if thats what it takes. You tried impact? How about giving the FBMG boys a call, perhaps they can find one.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I went shooting today at Doug's and they have one for sale. It is used. There is a little, normal holster wear but it looked pretty sweet. I think it was $690.

Tell them I sent you so I can weasel some free range time from them! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts