Utah Guns Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
rdoggsilva said:
No Dave there 125gr nyclad.
Interesting. Those are old! I thought they went out of favor with the BlackTalons. :raisedbrow:

Seems the nylon coating doesn't improve ballistics, just keeps the bore from being leaded up, which just about every other JHP does as well. I would probably recommend getting some newer Gold-Dots or Federals, but it's up to you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
Hockeyman said:
With a CFP does the "Utah unloaded" apply to someone who carries a revolver but doesn't feel comfortable enough to have one in the firing position? Or can they just leave the cylinder in the firing position empty?
No Utah-Unloaded rule applies if you have a CFP. The only reason people have historically carried without a round under the hammer in a revolver was back in the days of single-action revolvers that didn't have any kind of block safety. This was to prevent them from firing if dropped and the hammer got hit. This is not an issue in modern revolvers. If he has a CFP, just carry a revolver fully loaded.
I was pretty sure that was the case. Thanks Jeff!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I really use 125gr +P Federal HST. Took this pic before going to the range and shot them. Yes the were old around 15 years old. But the casings will live again :D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.