Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there are TONS of Glock and TONS of XD lovers, what about the M&P lovers? Even the haters. I just wonder what peoples opinions are and why? It doesnt seem to have a good repoire with people however I have not had one problem with mine. Great gun, great fit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I carry a full-size M&P45 every day.

What I like about it:
Looks awesome, has an external extractor, feels natural in my hand and is freakishly accurate & reliable. :thumbup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
The compact 9 is my next handgun.... I want it so bad!

G

·
I think maybe some of the sentiment of the M&P is it is kind of a Johnny come lately that does not improve on either the XD or Glock and doesn't really have any reason to stand out. The Glock and XD are accurate and reliable, so what exactly is special about the M&P?, What Niche are they filling? What about them makes them worth buying over an XD or Glock? If you like them, great, but what makes them special? or did they just copy a bunch of features from the Glock and XD, just so they could get a gun to market and get some sales? You can say the Glock was an original and first of its kind, revolutionized the industry. The XD made some significant improvements to the glocks weak points and incorporated new features that people love. What is unique that the M&P adds to these 2 guns?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I carry a full sized M&P 9 mm. I like its fit in my hand. It comes from S&W with three different grips and the 'standard' one fit my hand just great. It has been very reliable in its operation as well, no malfunctions. It's easy to tear down and clean. All in all, I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well sculpting, I guess you are right in some respects. I do know there is a difference that I noticed was the cartridge count. Mine holds 15? what does the XD hold? I believe 12. However I do believe the new XDM is holding 16... not certain. The M&P also has the interchangeable grips, which one makes it much better for different hand sizes right out of the box, and for the mall ninjas in SOME of us it gives you a better looking laser sight if you choose to get one. Also, the M&P has parts that you can get without sending your gun back to the factory.

As far as the glock vs M&P, my biggest complaint was the angle at which I had to hold it. It just feels different from any other brand out there. (I am not very familiar with glocks)

Besides, whats wrong with a little competition? Now glock doesnt have the entire market for good polymer guns. I happen to appreciate variety as it creates competition.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The M&P 9c is the #2 handgun on my wish list. (#1 is HK p30 9mm)

From this lady's perspective, the M&P is well balanced and fits my small hands. It's just comfortable over all the others I've tried (except for #1 choice of course!)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I own the S&W M&P 9C and Im getting the M&P 40 C. When I bought my first gun, the sales clerk put 6 guns in front of me and I put my hand over them and it landed on the S&W M&P 9C and I couldnt put it down for nothing. The sales rep kept on showing me more guns and I kept on telling him I want this one then I bought it and now Im getting a S&W M&P 40c. All I can say is a great gun and everyone that i showed it likes it as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just got my S&W M&P 40 and I love it. I didnt get the compact like I wanted to because I went to a basic handgun class and the instructor informed me I would shoot better if I had the full version. Its a change and Im glad I did.I still have my S&W M&P 9c and it has been a great gun,I will be giving it to my wife.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dcowboyss said:
I just got my S&W M&P 40 and I love it. I didnt get the compact like I wanted to because I went to a basic handgun class and the instructor informed me I would shoot better if I had the full version. Its a change and Im glad I did.I still have my S&W M&P 9c and it has been a great gun,I will be giving it to my wife.
congrats on the new toy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts