Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been itching for a Cache Valley meet so I guess I will be the one to get this going. I will take care of all arrangements. What I would really like to do is eat lunch then go out to the Cache Valley Hunters Ed range and do a shoot. I would love to shoot a bunch of other members guns and would love for others to shoot mine. I will work on a date in the next few days and final details. Once I have all details worked out I will start a new thread with final details. I will just pick a date that works for me and my wife and thats when it will be. I know it won't work for everybody but no date works for everyone so since I'm in charge I will just picks whats most convenient for me.,

For now I would like some input on where you guys would like to eat.

The other thing I wondered about was using one of the rooms at the hunter ed center and just doing pizza or subs so we can get right to the business of shooting.

What say ye?

·
Registered
165 Posts
:dancing: Sounds great! I'm good for whatever but I doubt I will get my wife to come along if we are eating where we will be shooting. :gun8: Whatever is decided will be fine. I'll just have to see if the time you pick works for me.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
PW said:
Cache Valley Hunters Ed range and do a shoot.
Is that the one by Hill AFB?

what are the range rates?

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This range is 1 miles west of Logan at the Cache Valley Hunters Ed center. It has indoor archery and .22 range and then outside there is a 50 foot pistol range, a 50 yard rifle and a 100-300 yard rifle range. $4.00 for a day of shooting on all ranges.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Going to have to count myself out heading that far north. As much as I like you guys a 250 mile round trip to have lunch and go shooting is a bit far for me to drive at 12mpg with the price of diesel. :sadstory:

·
Registered
167 Posts
PW since you know where i work and can talk to me anytime,let me know if there is anything i can do to help with this get together. I think it is a great idea and should be very fun. We will have to get ryan to come so i can show him how to shoot his 1911.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ammosargeant said:
PW since you know where i work and can talk to me anytime,let me know if there is anything i can do to help with this get together. I think it is a great idea and should be very fun. We will have to get ryan to come so i can show him how to shoot his 1911.
:ROFL: Sounds good.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
I'm in on this one! Sounds great...

I do sometimes travel, so I hope this falls on a date when I'm in town.

Getting a good count on participation would help you know how big a subway sandwich to order. Getting a room at the range to eat so we can get right to shooting sounds like a smart move. :gun7: :gun9: :gun1: :gun4:

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The date will be March 15th as that is the only Saturday that is open for me. I am thinking 1-2PM.

I am kind of leaning towards the idea of eating at the range. What I really want to do is shoot and see others shoot. I would really like to just spend a bunch of time shooting guns if others willing shoot some of the members guns.

Speak now or forever hold your peace! Any other comments?

·
Registered
165 Posts
PW said:
The date will be March 15th as that is the only Saturday that is open for me. I am thinking 1-2PM.
This is about the only Saturday I can't do it. I'm on babysitting duty (mmm... excuse me - father duty) while my wife takes our daughter to the Princesses on Ice show.

Plus, I know that Strategic Tactical is also doing an advanced pistol course that day (which I wanted to go to but can't).

But... if this is the only time, I'll have to opt out :cry: . Although, I could probably meet for lunch if it were appropriate to bring my 1 year old son.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I guess I won't be able to make this one. I'm planning on doing the advanced pistol course at STG (if I'm feeling good enough).

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'll be there..........Oh wait, from reading the others posts, I guess I better get up to the range and do some shooting....LOL h I think I'm funny even if you all don't. Tell ya what, for those that are attending, I'll buy lunch for the shoot. We will be there in Spirit PW.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
Going to have to count myself out heading that far north. As much as I like you guys a 250 mile round trip to have lunch and go shooting is a bit far for me to drive at 12mpg with the price of diesel. :sadstory:
Hmmm... 150 miles from Santaquin to Logan. 300 miles round trip. Natural gas is .64 cents per gallon equivalent. My natural gas powered Contour gets 30 MPG. .64 cents X 10 gallon equivalent = $6.40 for fuel!

I just might have to think about coming! If somebody wants to fork over a dollar for fuel we can carpool! :auto:

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
SGT Jensen said:
Hmmm... 150 miles from Santaquin to Logan. 300 miles round trip. Natural gas is .64 cents per gallon equivalent. My natural gas powered Contour gets 30 MPG. .64 cents X 10 gallon equivalent = $6.40 for fuel!

I just might have to think about coming! If somebody wants to fork over a dollar for fuel we can carpool! :auto:
Now you're just bragging... :roll:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
SGT Jensen said:

15th is my Bday. Sadly my wife won't let me go as she has plans for me (and unless they somehow include shooting or a new gun I doubt it will be as much fun)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts