Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who on UCC has a motorcycle? I'm close to finishing rebuilding my 84 Honda Goldwing 1200 and would love to do a ride.
So if you have a motorcycle and would like doing a UCC ride let me know the days you could do it. My bike should be finished, and registered by the 13th (I plan on riding it to the aug meet) so any day after that would be great.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I am always looking for an excuse to ride....

Usually available almost anytime on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad to hear some interest. I just finished rebuilding the front forks and calipers. now just the back brakes and reassemble. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
JoeSparky said:
I am always looking for an excuse to ride....
Me too! Usually the excuse is any traveling, short or long, with two or less people and cargo that will not exceed the saddlebags and/or backpack. In other words, a motorcycle is my primary means of transportation any time of the year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Goosemama and I both ride. So let us know when you have something planned and we will see if our schedules allow.

Goosemama has a Goldwing 1500 and I have a Goldwing 1800. Goosemama is talking of hacking hers so she can take Gladys (the Goose) on the rides.

We just returned for the Northwest, the first week of June, and we Open Carried throughout the trip. Did not have a single problem in our travels through Oregon and Washington.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a bike and would like to ride with you all....but I don't have the $$ to get the new tires/front breaks it needs to pass inspection :cry:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I am always looking for an exuse to ride. let me know when anyone is going to be in the vernal/flaming gorge area.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok I'll look at some days and places to suggest. any one have any ideas they want to throw out?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have MC and ride everyday...to work and back that is. Would enjoy a break from the routine. Let me know what you come up with and I will see if I can join in. But please don't make your plans based on me. I tend to have a very busy August already planned and it looks like September is begging for attention as well. No reflection on any of you, just my wife beat you to the calendar is all. :wink:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I've been riding on and off all my life. Currently I only have a 150 scooter that I drive around town to work and school, though; there is no way it can keep up with you guys! ;P

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bane said:
I've been riding on and off all my life. Currently I only have a 150 scooter that I drive around town to work and school, though; there is no way it can keep up with you guys! ;P
I got in an arguement with my friends mom about her scooter. she always calls it a motorcycle and I always correct her and say scooter, so we had it out one day and she listed all the reasons her scooter was a motorcycle. at the end I asked to see her motorcycle licence and she said "I don't need one to ride my scooter." I replied "case closed." but she still calls it a motorcycle... :bang2:

·
Registered
342 Posts
scott.pete06 said:
bane said:
I got in an arguement with my friends mom about her scooter. she always calls it a motorcycle and I always correct her and say scooter, so we had it out one day and she listed all the reasons her scooter was a motorcycle. at the end I asked to see her motorcycle licence and she said "I don't need one to ride my scooter." I replied "case closed." but she still calls it a motorcycle... :bang2:
Haha. And she does need a MC license in Utah for a scooter. Even the little 49cc plastic things require you to have a MC license.

·
Registered
226 Posts
lets try and put something together asap summer is almost "over"

date/day
where (starting point/ending point)
how long the ride should be etc etc

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ty said:
scott.pete06 said:
bane said:
Haha. And she does need a MC license in Utah for a scooter. Even the little 49cc plastic things require you to have a MC license.
Yep, exactly right. There are a lot of people out there riding around on scooters thinking they are so kewl b/c they don't need a license. Wrong. They need insurance too. (although you don't actually need a license for >49cc's *IF* you stay on the 25mph roads in your little neighborhood area).

Yeah, a scooter isn't a motorcycle just like a handgun isn't a rifle. But both are guns just like both are bikes.
She shouldn't even WANT her scooter to be a motorcycle... otherwise, what's the benefit of having a scooter???

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eddie_XD said:
lets try and put something together asap summer is almost "over"

date/day
where (starting point/ending point)
how long the ride should be etc etc
does any one have anything against sunday rides?....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinking sunday the 24th about 830am. Ride up redwood road turn towards eagle mountain then pass 5 mile and go over the mountain to Dougway. Make a u turn when we hit Dougway, then come back over the mountain and go through toole and come back on 201. we could start and end at sportsman's warehouse on 7200 south and just off I-15. how does that sound? or we can do it the second weekend in September.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
scott.pete06 said:
I was thinking sunday the 24th about 830am. Ride up redwood road turn towards eagle mountain then pass 5 mile and go over the mountain to Dougway. Make a u turn when we hit Dougway, then come back over the mountain and go through toole and come back on 201. we could start and end at sportsman's warehouse on 7200 south and just off I-15. how does that sound? or we can do it the second weekend in September.
who rides and is on the ocdo site? we could make it a ocdo/ucc event.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There are lot of people that ride on OCDO. I know TJ just got a new bike. He's the only one that comes to mind right now. All we would have to do is post it over there and it'll get going. :type:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts