Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
bane said:
No, it's not just you... however, I thought it was always like that... ???
I has been like that since we got the new logo - I didn't say anything at the time - but it's really bugged me. I thought maybe it was just exporting the image to a web format with 256 colors or something (bad export profile). I have the original PNG, I would be happy to export it to a nice, smooth looking transparent GIF.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
I wasn't implying that it was our cookie settings. When a cookie is made, there is information inside - including how long the cookie is active (the whole point of the "remember me" check box on many sites). Perhaps the UCC forum software isn't creating cookies correctly or the settings for making the cookies aren't set yet. I think this is server side rather than user side.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
So, whaddya think of the new logo that Dave made? It shows up now in the banner above.
I think it looks very good.

However, There's a tiny bit of white around the edges that didn't get made transparent. Do we want to correct that?
There's no white on the PNG that I am working on. It seems to be an artifact created by placing the transparent image on a background image. I am working with some alternate ideas, perhaps utilizing the orange a bit more - see if I can't make it POP a bit (stand out from the blue background) and fix the artifact.

I'll let y'all know.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Oh my goodness, that was fast. Not gone two minutes and the new logo is already up... Hmm... I don't know if I like all that orange... that background is so hard to work with (if it were solid, I could make it blend so well, but being a transitional blue spectrum makes it hard to match).

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
You forgot the transparency on these...
The small ones were per request of Thomas, to put on the forum as the logo I presume. If you guys want a large one without the URL I can do that as well, just tell me what you want and I'll do my best.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Oh, ok. I get what you were saying. Whenever you put a transparent image over another on the web you inevitably get a little white outline. In order to make our logo look the best I could, I had to place the banner background behind the logo and eliminate the transparency. If we go back to transparency, we will get the white line again. Let me know if/when you change the background and I can make a logo to match it (it will look nicer).

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Yeah, if you can, post a few screenshots so we can have a look-see. There should be a "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then you open up your favorite image editor (Photoshop, GIMP, MS Paint) and paste the screenshot into there. Then resize it down to 600 px wide and attach it to your post. Easy peasy right? :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
You show up as being logged in on my end.

Per the new posts, only the ones you haven't read will be flashing pink, the ones that are white mean they are new, but not to you.

I don't think I really understand what you're seeing, perhaps you could explain it again.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
You can use that, or just click on the link titled "View new posts" up in the upper left of the forum index page.

" • View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics "

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
You should refresh (reload) your browser (F5). Just clicking the "back" button on the browser will take you back to where you were without querying the server to see if you have really read the new posts. When you refresh your page (F5) it will ask the server what is new to you and should un-pink anything you have already read.

Hope this helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.