Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Having problems that it's telling me that new topics were added since last vist (red circle), but they are not, even a day old. Also it sez I'm not logged on as a member currently, towards the bottom of the home forum page, but it does say I'm logged on at the top of the page.

·
Registered
613 Posts
PW said:
Shaolin said:
Having problems that it's telling me that new topics were added since last vist (red circle), but they are not, even a day old. Also it sez I'm not logged on as a member currently, towards the bottom of the home forum page, but it does say I'm logged on at the top of the page.
As far as the new topics, I believe it is simply telling you there are new posts on the topics, not necessarily new topics. Any time a new post shows up even on old topics, it shows up red and highlights it for you.

As far as the logged in issue, are you having problems logging in or are you just observing something?
But with the old site, I always got just the newest topics since lasted visitied. I have to look now to make sure that they are new from the last time I visited, and that is a PIA.

·
Registered
613 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
Yeah, if you can, post a few screenshots so we can have a look-see. There should be a "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then you open up your favorite image editor (Photoshop, GIMP, MS Paint) and paste the screenshot into there. Then resize it down to 600 px wide and attach it to your post. Easy peasy right? :lol:
Not too worried about this one, but it would be nice that you can see if I'm logged into, so other's can see.

·
Registered
613 Posts
bane said:
Oooohhhh.... looks like at least one other person used to browse the old forum the same way that I did!!!

Shaolin, I have found the same problem. As far as I can tell, the new board doesn't allow us to do it that way anymore. There is an easy way to do the same thing, though... bookmark this link and just use it from now on... it has been working beautifully for me and only requires a small change of habit on our part!
Cool, thanks. I will look into it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
You show up as being logged in on my end.

Per the new posts, only the ones you haven't read will be flashing pink, the ones that are white mean they are new, but not to you.

I don't think I really understand what you're seeing, perhaps you could explain it again.
But not on my end, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not.

Nothing flashes on my side. I can read something now, come back an hour later and it still tells me I have not read it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.