Utah Guns Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
You forgot the transparency on these...
The small ones were per request of Thomas, to put on the forum as the logo I presume. If you guys want a large one without the URL I can do that as well, just tell me what you want and I'll do my best.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,616 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
The small ones were per request of Thomas, to put on the forum as the logo I presume. If you guys want a large one without the URL I can do that as well, just tell me what you want and I'll do my best.
I like the large one with the URL. That's perfect.

However, I thought that the small ones ought to have transparent backgrounds. Some earlier ones that you did had transparent backgrounds. That makes it so that if we change a theme or the banner background above, it will continue to work even against a different color. Is it hard to change to a transparent background now?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Oh, ok. I get what you were saying. Whenever you put a transparent image over another on the web you inevitably get a little white outline. In order to make our logo look the best I could, I had to place the banner background behind the logo and eliminate the transparency. If we go back to transparency, we will get the white line again. Let me know if/when you change the background and I can make a logo to match it (it will look nicer).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Having problems that it's telling me that new topics were added since last vist (red circle), but they are not, even a day old. Also it sez I'm not logged on as a member currently, towards the bottom of the home forum page, but it does say I'm logged on at the top of the page.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
Shaolin said:
Having problems that it's telling me that new topics were added since last vist (red circle), but they are not, even a day old. Also it sez I'm not logged on as a member currently, towards the bottom of the home forum page, but it does say I'm logged on at the top of the page.
As far as the new topics, I believe it is simply telling you there are new posts on the topics, not necessarily new topics. Any time a new post shows up even on old topics, it shows up red and highlights it for you.

As far as the logged in issue, are you having problems logging in or are you just observing something?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Yeah, if you can, post a few screenshots so we can have a look-see. There should be a "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then you open up your favorite image editor (Photoshop, GIMP, MS Paint) and paste the screenshot into there. Then resize it down to 600 px wide and attach it to your post. Easy peasy right? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
PW said:
Shaolin said:
Having problems that it's telling me that new topics were added since last vist (red circle), but they are not, even a day old. Also it sez I'm not logged on as a member currently, towards the bottom of the home forum page, but it does say I'm logged on at the top of the page.
As far as the new topics, I believe it is simply telling you there are new posts on the topics, not necessarily new topics. Any time a new post shows up even on old topics, it shows up red and highlights it for you.

As far as the logged in issue, are you having problems logging in or are you just observing something?
But with the old site, I always got just the newest topics since lasted visitied. I have to look now to make sure that they are new from the last time I visited, and that is a PIA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
Yeah, if you can, post a few screenshots so we can have a look-see. There should be a "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then you open up your favorite image editor (Photoshop, GIMP, MS Paint) and paste the screenshot into there. Then resize it down to 600 px wide and attach it to your post. Easy peasy right? :lol:
Not too worried about this one, but it would be nice that you can see if I'm logged into, so other's can see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Oooohhhh.... looks like at least one other person used to browse the old forum the same way that I did!!!

Shaolin, I have found the same problem. As far as I can tell, the new board doesn't allow us to do it that way anymore. There is an easy way to do the same thing, though... bookmark this link and just use it from now on... it has been working beautifully for me and only requires a small change of habit on our part!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
You show up as being logged in on my end.

Per the new posts, only the ones you haven't read will be flashing pink, the ones that are white mean they are new, but not to you.

I don't think I really understand what you're seeing, perhaps you could explain it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
bane said:
Oooohhhh.... looks like at least one other person used to browse the old forum the same way that I did!!!

Shaolin, I have found the same problem. As far as I can tell, the new board doesn't allow us to do it that way anymore. There is an easy way to do the same thing, though... bookmark this link and just use it from now on... it has been working beautifully for me and only requires a small change of habit on our part!
Cool, thanks. I will look into it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
You can use that, or just click on the link titled "View new posts" up in the upper left of the forum index page.

" • View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
You show up as being logged in on my end.

Per the new posts, only the ones you haven't read will be flashing pink, the ones that are white mean they are new, but not to you.

I don't think I really understand what you're seeing, perhaps you could explain it again.
But not on my end, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not.

Nothing flashes on my side. I can read something now, come back an hour later and it still tells me I have not read it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
You should refresh (reload) your browser (F5). Just clicking the "back" button on the browser will take you back to where you were without querying the server to see if you have really read the new posts. When you refresh your page (F5) it will ask the server what is new to you and should un-pink anything you have already read.

Hope this helps.
 
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top