Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 411 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres how it works, if you correctly name the gun and support it with data pictures references links etc you get to pick the next gun. If it goes for say 24 hours then the question is out and the last winner posts again. If you stump all of us of you get a zillion internet points. Points not redeemable for anything but, I'd be glad to email you a certificate suitable for printing and hanging on the fridge. :D

Hint; dont hotlink to a website that will tell us all the info we need.

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah those cylinder marks and trigger guard had me searching everywhere. I phail at teh interwebz

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
It kind of looks a bit like the early model Smith & Wesson .22, could even be a .38 but I doubt it. Now those are some big guesses, I need to look more too.
Of course it also has some similarities to Nagant guns--but I am stumped too. Could it be a 7.62 or .32?

·
Registered
342 Posts
After seeing what it is it's not so ugly.

http://www.spetsnaztraining.com/view/ydar

UDAR, Revolver Complex

The UDAR Revolver Complex provides the entire range of fighting means to be used by law enforcement agencies for a wide range of missions.
The complex comprises:

* 12.3 mm revolver;
* 12.3 mm live cartridge;
* 12.3 mm cartridge with plastic bullet;
* pyroliquid cartridge;
* noise cartridge.

The revolver fires different special cartridges produced on the basis of a hunting cartridge case, gauge 32.
The cartridge with a sub-calibre steel bullet is effective for suppression of an enemy wearing body armour. The bullet of this cartridge penetrates a 5mm-thick steel plate from a distance of aimed fire. The cartridge with a rubber bullet is used to stop anti-social behaviour. The colour ink bullet is intended for training exercises and "marking" of offenders.
The enemy wounded with a bullet of a high stopping capability is immediately disabled for active resistance. Shot cartridges are effectively used in conditions of limited visibility and in absence of confirmed information regarding the enemy whereabouts.
The revolver is loaded with a cartridge clip and used cartridge clip. Used cartridge cases are extracted simultaneously. Three filled reserve clips are carried in the box together with the holster.
The striker-and-trigger mechanism permits firing either in the self cocking mode or with the cock being set before firing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Someone got it! I mean no offense but, I thought with all the knowledgeable people her someone would have known earlier.

Ty its your turn (to put up the next gun) and, you stole my zillion internet points

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nothing at all. I guess i picked to rare of a gun. It's a Hake shiki. It was designed by Bunji Hamada after requests for a handgun that would use standard Japanese Army ammunition, but be easier and cheaper to produce than the Type 94 (and some say, also out of a desire for a better weapon than the Type 94). To this end, Hamada chambered a version of the Hamada shiki for 8mm Nambu and lengthened the barrel a little bit. Originally produced in the Toriimatsu factory in Tokyo, it was transfered in 1944 to Notobe.

Unfortunately, Hamada succeeded on nearly all counts, but the weapon actually proved to be more difficult to manufacture than the Type 94, that is; it plainly became too expensive for the strained empire at war (costing 164yen compared to Type-94 at a cost of 80yen). The Hake shiki, (also known as the Type 2 pistol) was only made in very small numbers, with about 1500 being completed and distributed, plus parts for another 4000 that that were surrendered to the Allied authorities after the end of World War 2. After the war HGL (Hamada Gun Laboratory) in Bunji started to focus on customizing hunting guns.

The 8mm is a cool looking round to. Looks like a 357 sig. here it is next to a .380

Hamada is still around today.
http://www.hamada-and-son.com/index2.html

And made some really nice looking shotguns

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ok next guess that gun, name it and get my 2 zillion points.

1 - 20 of 411 Posts