Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cheapo Walmart belt I have been wearing just isn't cuttin it as a good holster belt, so today I took a stab at making one.

I used to pieces of 8 oz. leather and reinforced it with some thin carbon fiber strips that I had kicking around the shop, which are sandwiched in between the leather.

The holster is one I have for sale on Holstertrade.com. I may have to pull it cause it matches the belt perfectly.

It took 3 1/2 hours to hand stitch it and my fingers are killing me, but I think the effort was worth it. I am very happy with the way it turned out. :D

BTW I have received several emails from members wanting to make their own holsters. One thing I love about this forum is we are all locals and if anyone would like help making one I would be more than happy to help out. I live in Perry, near Maddox Restaurant, and if you would like to join me I will be out in the shop playing all weekend, one of the few weekends I have off. Grab some leather from Tandy, or I could sell ya a small piece, and head on out.

Thanks for looking,
Shane

·
Registered
304 Posts
Shane,

That is a beautiful belt! The way it's been made I can tell it's going to hold up to years of use! I know what you mean about those cheapo Wally-world belts. I've gone through 3 in the last year :shock: !

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
That's a nice belt Shane! Quite a beaut! I'm using the walmart ones right now too... they work ok, but that one looks way better -- Good job!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Great looking belt. I got a belt blank from Tandy a few months back and made it for my carry belt. It was their heavy one If I remember right 8 oz. It did not look that good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments :D I have been wearing the belt all day and it works soooo much better than my cheap one.

I figured I needed a mag holder to match the belt and holster so today I came up with a simple pattern and knocked one out.

Thanks again for the comments,
Shane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts