Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a Gang called MS13. Now this is happening in san antonio but I wouldn't doubt it if its happening in Utah either. They have a new initiation where they bump your car with there car and as soon as you get out to inspect the damage they shoot you. I thought would pass this on. If you happen to get bumped late at night make sure you pull into a populated area. Thats what we were told to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
tylernye said:
There is a Gang called MS13. Now this is happening in san antonio but I wouldn't doubt it if its happening in Utah either. They have a new initiation where they bump your car with there car and as soon as you get out to inspect the damage they shoot you. I thought would pass this on. If you happen to get bumped late at night make sure you pull into a populated area. Thats what we were told to do.
According to Snopes, this is another urban legend; no confirmed cases can be found.

That said, it's always wise to be cautious and avoid putting yourself in an unwitnessed encounter with strangers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
My son worked on the Boarder Patrol and told me that many of the groups they would catch would have a MS13 member in them. It made for a constant state of caution for the agents. He said that the gang was in most every state and that you can tell by the tatoos. :shocked: :shocked: I would like to see a web site from law enforcement to let the citezens know what gang activity is going on in the communities. If there is one I'd like the link. Just a suggestion for you LE guys, stay safe out there, we're all behind you and support your effort.

Scallywag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The US Air Force confirmed it and sent us an email at work.

swillden said:
tylernye said:
There is a Gang called MS13. Now this is happening in san antonio but I wouldn't doubt it if its happening in Utah either. They have a new initiation where they bump your car with there car and as soon as you get out to inspect the damage they shoot you. I thought would pass this on. If you happen to get bumped late at night make sure you pull into a populated area. Thats what we were told to do.
According to Snopes, this is another urban legend; no confirmed cases can be found.

That said, it's always wise to be cautious and avoid putting yourself in an unwitnessed encounter with strangers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
tylernye said:
The US Air Force confirmed it and sent us an email at work.
Confirmed it how? Are there any references to actual occurrences?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The email was from one of the higher ups here. He said it had been confirmed with San Antonio Police Department but he didnt send a link in the email. Plus we work for 1 of the major trauma hospitals in San Antonio and we get alot of gun shots and when they bring the victim in we hear the story from the EMT's. Like a few months ago a older guy was just sitting at a red light and someone pulled up next to him and shot him. The gangs are REALLY bad down here. I was going to try to research it if I can find a link I will post it.

swillden said:
tylernye said:
The US Air Force confirmed it and sent us an email at work.
Confirmed it how? Are there any references to actual occurrences?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
tylernye said:
Like a few months ago a older guy was just sitting at a red light and someone pulled up next to him and shot him.
That's not what was described in the UL. Actually, if you were capping people as an initiation rite, that seems like a better approach that bumping into them and waiting for them to get out of the car.

tylernye said:
I was going to try to research it if I can find a link I will post it.
That would be appreciated. Snopes is usually pretty thorough with their research; if they say it didn't happen then you can be fairly certain that there were no newspapers or magazine articles saying it happened. That said, nobody is perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
Don't even get me started on all the Internet rumors I have been forwarded by upper brass in all the military branches... and using official military email as well.

In fact, just a couple years ago I saw the rehash of the "driving at night with the headlights off" gang initiation disseminated via official memo.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top